XBMC + MythTV: Can't get scraping to work correctly
Hello, I am having strange problems in getting my MythTV OTA ATSC recordings to be correctly scraped by XBMC, and it is producing some strange problems. I am running XBMC from git sources which compile just fine on a Debian Squeeze box running the Squeeze MythTV 0.24 packages.

Both packages seem to run and work correctly, but something odd is happening in scraping. Certain recordings seem to confuse XBMC to the point that I get literally thousands of copies of certain incorrect "scrapes" that show up as movies that I don't have. These videos won't play back and I can't look at the info for them through XBMC, so I'm not entirely sure which recordings are causing the problems.

For instance: I have about 125 actual ripped/downloaded videos that XBMC scrapes just fine. But then I have literally several thousands of copies of movies with titles like "1" or "11:16" showing up in the Movies section of my Library in XBMC. Trying to play one does nothing, and I can delete them individually through XBMC/skin, but that will take hours (days!) to do manually.

I can't seem to track down what about my MythTV recordings is confusing XBMC. I have tried using alternative scrapers like Plex, Media Center Master and Ember, but they won't even see my MythTV recordings, so they're not really addressing the same problem.

I have my MythTV sources set up in XBMC as a separate movie and tv recordings source, and I don't bother with live tv.

What I need from all of you brilliant people is some guidance in where to even start looking.

What works to get rid of them is to delete ALL of my sources and remove the db files from my XBMC directory, then rebuild with just the local, non-myth generated recordings. This works perfectly. But as soon as I add my myth sources back in, the craziness ensues. Also, it takes ages for XBMC to finish updating the library once thee sources are added back in. It takes it maybe 10-15 minutes for XBMC to scrape (including downloading art) my regular video files, but it seems to take forever to get the info for these strange, incorrect videos.

I know how to search logs and stuff, and am very comfortable on the command-line, but I've never messed with the actual DBs of either MythTV or XBMC out of fear of breaking something. I just don't know where to even start to track down the problem. Could it be that XBMC gets confused on TV shows that aren't tracked on TVDB or something? But then again, when I have incorrectly named stuff, XBMC will just ignore it and I'll have to access it through the FILES part of the library.

I have searched through this forum for related stuff, but I seem to be doing something wrong where this is happening to me only. If I missed a forum entry related to this, or someone can give me some search terms, I'd be very appreciative. I am more than happy to post logs and command output, but I don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance for any kind and gentle answers to what I am sure is a stupid mistake that I am overlooking. I have read the XBMC+MythTV web pages dozens of times looking for some nugget of information that I am missing.

I'm not sure what specs may be relevant here but I am running:
Debian Squeeze (updated daily to latest patches and bug fix packages)
XBMC Eden Beta 3 (updated through git, I don't remember why I started using the git versions, but I have just gotten used to it)
MythTV version 0.24 updated to latest versions available through apt-get.
My recordings are all through an OTA ATSC antenna into two identical Hauppauge HVR-1600s. I don't do any transcoding of recordings, but do allow mythtv to do commercial markings on every recording.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
:confused2:
Only the Movies folder within the myth:// folder will be added to the XBMC Movie library correctly. If you are trying to add any of the recorded MythTV TV Shows to the XBMC Movie or TV Show library that will unfortunately have all sorts of weird and wonderful consequences.

I've updated the wiki page to make that clearer.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC + MythTV: Can't get scraping to work correctly0