XBMC quits with status 11
Hi everyone, this is my first post so please bear with me.

I have a series 1 apple tv that has been patched with the latest version of xbmc. I'm currently running Eden beta 3. The ATV is connected via ethernet over power to an iMac running OSX lion. Shares with XBMC are via the AFP protocol. At the appletv end the ethernet over power connection, the ethernet runs into a switch. The appletv, a DVD player, PS3 and a tivo are all connected to the switch.

basically what keeps happening is that a movie or tv show (streaming from the iMac) with play for a while (anywhere from 15 minutes to and hour) and then it freezes and xbmc quits with status 11.

Prior to installing lion, I used smb sharing with Dhama and never had a problem and that was with old 85mbps home plugs providing the ethernet over power connection.

I have tried: Connecting via wireless n and this worked better but still has the same issue, just less frequently. Thinking it was a buffering issue i bought new 500mbps ethernet over power plugs and they work better too - I can watch an entire 1 hour tv episode but it still will quit during a movie. I have also changed ethernet cables around but to no effect.

I have looked at some other posts on here but found nothing exactly the same as my problem so I hope I am posting in the right spot.

I have seen requests for log files and I have copied mine off the ATV but I'm not sure how to share them with everyone??

Hope you guys can help me
Cheers
pastebin.com is the best way to share them. Make sure the debug logs were made with debugging turned on in system settings, and make sure to edit out any network passwords if you use any for network shares (just use find/replace in text edit. Replace them with *** or something).
Thanks for the quick reply Ned, debugging was turned off so i'll run a movie and get it to quit so that I can post the logs on pastebin.
Ok, murfey's law kicked in and it took a while for it to fail again. I posted the XBMC log on pastebin, link is here:
http://pastebin.com/FAi7RjzJ
The crash reporter log was too big for pastebin, do you need it and if so I can email it.

The apple tv failed at about 4:15pm sunday the 19th of feb if that help find the problem in the log. The movie Highlander was playing at the time (a 2.9GB mp4 file coded with H.264 and AAC)
The apple tv played a couple of other movies straight through without incident just prior to failing on highlander which is very unusual.

Also the ATV is connected to a devon av receiver via HDMI, not sure if this makes a difference.

Hope you can help
Cheers
get a free dropbox account (http://www.dropbox.com), 1st 2GBs are free,
16:16:52 T:63242240 ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: I have no idea what this is a reply to, id 20007.

know issue with afp, no solution.
Hi Davilla,
I already have a dropbox account, didn't think to use it. The crash reporter log is here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7274974/CrashReporter.log
and XBMC log again:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7274974/xbmc.log
About your second post, are you saying that my problem stems from a known issue with afp sharing? If so is there a better way to share my drives with XBMC on OSX Lion?
Cheers
NFS Smile (link in my signature)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Some more options (but NFS is the best one):

http://eduo.info/apps/smbup -SMB

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106636 - WebDAV
Hi guys, I'm happy to try NFS if thats the best way but i have no experience with terminal or nano. I tried to follow the wiki but i think i need more detailed instructions. I managed to start nano by typing in: nano com.apple.nfsd.plist but I have no idea what to do next! I don't know how to get to the point where i can insert the '-N' and so on. I hope that gives you an idea of my level.
Can you give me some step by step commands or direct me to a nano guide for dummies?
Cheers
Also the smbup option, i downloaded the program and in the text prior to running it it says that it will modify Samba on my mac, does this have any negative effects? I mean will it change something on my mac that i won't know how to change back if i need to one day?
Hi guys,
I have got NFS sharing up and running, I can view and play my files in library mode (Movies or TV shows) but if i try and go through files it says it can't connect to the server. Thats not much of a problem though as i use library mode anyway.
The problem is that i am still getting the same problem i had before with afp sharing. The show plays for a while then stops, buffering comes up in the top right corner of the screen but it never gets beyond 1% before crashing and 'exiting with status 11'
I have read a few more posts and have turned off dolby digital in the apple tv menu and open a couple of ports on my router that i read in another post but no joy.
I'm now considering a full factory reset of the appletv and reinstall from scratch, not sure if that will do anything.
The other options is a problem with my router i guess but I don't have another one to test it with. I have a link sys WAG160N modem router in case anyone has had problems with them before. Its a few years old now and does need to be rebooted on the odd occasion.
A friend of mine has a atv2 and he is running nfs sharing as well now and he never gets this problem so we are both at a loss, any help or ideas would be appreciated, I'll give anything a go at this point
Cheers
bjay Wrote:Also the smbup option, i downloaded the program and in the text prior to running it it says that it will modify Samba on my mac, does this have any negative effects? I mean will it change something on my mac that i won't know how to change back if i need to one day?

SMBUp is fully reversible if you happen to need it for networking to a Windoze XP+ machine. Just use all the default options when installing.

Ok the problem seems to be fixed now, thank you to everyone that helped. This post is more for anyone else that gets the same problem.
I ended up doing a full factory reset of the appletv, updated it to the latest software then patched it with the latest ATV flash patch. When this was done I tried to set up NFS sharing but it didn't work. I then deleted the /etc/exports file from my computer and created another with the NFS shares. Everything works now, even better than it did before between crashes. I can see my files in library and file modes (couldn't see them in file mode before) and everything plays flawlessly. I haven't had a status 11 error for over a month.
So it appears I may have had a corrupted /etc/exports file. When i created a new one of these it worked. My friend who is a bit more terminal literate, deleted the file for me, but maybe Memphiz could add a few lines to his NFS guide on how to recreate your /etc/exports file.

Again thats for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC quits with status 110