GeForce 210 Audio Problems Eden
Can't get HDMI audio working with Eden Beta 3 Live. Just wondering if the following guide still applies to Beta 3 Live for those with GeForce 210's:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...,_or_GT240

Doesn't seem that it does...
Don't bother with that.

Provided the nvidia drivers on the Live cd support your card (almost certainly will, but not the case for the Live cd from last year's Dharma release with my GT430 for example)...

You need to set custom passthrough and custom audio output in the audio settings of XBMC.

Chose "custom", then in the box below the 2 entries try, without the quotes...

"plughw:0,3" as example.

For my GT 430, it's "plughw:0,9"

What card you have will dictate which number you will have to use. Have yet to see anyone needing to change the "0". So it won't take long to work out.

Having said that, there is a way to find out the exact number to use but I can't be bothered to search for it and i'm sure your not too fussed Smile
Just had a look at that, looks like yours will be "plughw:0,7"

Make sure you change device AND passthrough to those settings, obviously set your output to HDMI at the top and anything else that is relevent, etc etc
Can you please post the contents of the file: /tmp/debugInfo.txt

This will allow us to investigate why sound isn't working.
robo: None of the plughw combos work from 9 down to 1. I did SSH in and noticed that alsamixer was reporting that the card was muted. I unmuted but still no sound. I did notice that plughw:0,3 was the only combo that didn't report a sound initialization error. All other settings in XBMC are corrrect - HDMI, 5.1, Dolby / DTS Amp, etc.
erhnam Wrote:Can you please post the contents of the file: /tmp/debugInfo.txt

This will allow us to investigate why sound isn't working.

Sorry erhnam but I'm not sure how to get that file. Can only get xbmc.log. See below:

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=cvP1i3XF
Smeezy101 Wrote:robo: None of the plughw combos work from 9 down to 1. I did SSH in and noticed that alsamixer was reporting that the card was muted. I unmuted but still no sound. I did notice that plughw:0,3 was the only combo that didn't report a sound initialization error. All other settings in XBMC are corrrect - HDMI, 5.1, Dolby / DTS Amp, etc.

This may sound like a silly question, but does anyone know the SSH username / password if you're running "live" off the usb key? (without installing)

I tried xbmc / xbmc but it doesn't work.

I want to test running off the USB stick before I install it to my main xbmc server. (that box acts as both the server and one of the clients)
I fixed my sound issue by creating a sound.conf file using the following settings:

options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xffff,0xfff2

I then used alsamixer to unmute 3 out of the 4 S/PDIF's that were listed. I then set both sound options in XBMC to Custom then entered plughw:0,8 in the fields below.
So, I was able to use this thread to get it to the point that I'm not getting the initilization error anymore, and things seem to work, but no actual sound is coming out.
When I do speaker-test -D plug:hdmi, it acts like it's working but, still no sound.
Yes, the volume is turned up. Smile
Any ideas?
unmute everything in alsamixer and try again.
Yeah, that was mentioned in Post #5 and I did that. Anything else that might work? Speaker-test has sound coming out fine but XBMC just won't do it.
i use this cd with a g210 - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134252

it works and i didnt even have to switch audio devices in the settings menu.
(2012-06-27, 08:16)neil.j1983 Wrote: i use this cd with a g210 - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=134252

it works and i didnt even have to switch audio devices in the settings menu.

Oh man. After two weeks, it works! I love you.
I downloaded the Beta of 12 and everything worked OOB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GeForce 210 Audio Problems Eden0