[LIVE] I can't see any menu and I can't logout of XBMCbuntu [Solved]
I was a bit confused by the XBMCbuntu session in beta3.
It looked like the openbox session but without the exit command in the context menu. I.e. no way of logging out and getting back to xbmc....what was up with this?

Finally understood that the XBMCbuntu session is working fine and has a lxde menu/panel. So I am stupid? Wink Perhaps, but I had an overscan issue and could not see any panels. As I am used to openbox I just assumed that it was to be used and XBMCsession was in WIP.

To fix the overscan issue you need to go into nvidia-settings. If possible locate the start-menu in the lower left corner outside the TV (windows style start menu).
If this is not possible, right-click on the desktop and select new folder. Right-ckick on the folder and select open terminal and type "nvidia-settings"
vikjon0 Wrote:To fix the overscan issue you need to go into nvidia-settings. If possible locate the start-menu in the lower left corner outside the TV (windows style start menu).
If this is not possible, right-click on the desktop and select new folder. Right-ckick on the folder and select open terminal and type "nvidia-settings"

Thanks for the info, I have exactly the same problem but what do I need to do to the settings or is it obvious? I cant try it until later on tonight.
Quote:Thanks for the info, I have exactly the same problem but what do I need to do to the settings or is it obvious? I cant try it until later on tonight

You will see a line DP something with the name of your TV. click on it and there is an overscan compensation setting.
(2012-02-18, 22:34)vikjon0 Wrote:
Quote:Thanks for the info, I have exactly the same problem but what do I need to do to the settings or is it obvious? I cant try it until later on tonight

You will see a line DP something with the name of your TV. click on it and there is an overscan compensation setting.

What to do when the overscan setting line is still off the screen in the highest resolution? lol

(2012-04-04, 05:36)Killerc Wrote: What to do when the overscan setting line is still off the screen in the highest resolution? lol

I have the same problem. My XBMC is perfect but the windows on the linux side are massive. A simple right click and the box is 1/4 of the whole screen. However if I open chromium the font and etc are all fine. I tried the Nvidia settings but without a scroll bar I cannot get down to see anything - or move the window - or basically anything.

Can't check now but maybe if I try set up dual monitor vertically I can "push" the top out the way and see the bottom? Working on a TV screen makes this infinitely more difficult!
Did anyone find a solution to this?

Its maddening :-)
It's interesting that the topic's title says [Solved] yet people are asking for a solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] I can't see any menu and I can't logout of XBMCbuntu [Solved]0