SQL help please
I've attempted to follow the wiki for Eden and MySQL. I've also tried going through several threads to no avail.

I've done:

Type in: CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc'; and press return
Type in: GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc'; and press return

And then tried:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';

Code:
12:58:25 T:4136   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic [1044](Access denied for user 'xbmc'@'192.168.0.%' to database 'mymusic')
12:58:25 T:4136   ERROR: SQL: Can't create new database: 'MyMusic18' (1044)
12:58:25 T:4136   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic18 (0)
12:58:25 T:4136   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos60 [1044](Access denied for user 'xbmc'@'192.168.0.%' to database 'myvideos60')

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
After reinstalling, those errors are gone but now I'm getting:

Code:
13:34:21 T:5708   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
                                            Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'S:\\Videos\\','','')
13:34:21 T:5708   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'S:\\Videos\\','',''))
                                            Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'S:\\Kids\\','','')
13:34:21 T:5708   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'S:\\Kids\\','',''))
                                            Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'S:\\Stand Up\\','','')
13:34:21 T:5708   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'S:\\Stand Up\\','',''))

My advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.0.5</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.0.5</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
1. Run XBMC and turn full debugging on (Settings->System->Debugging).
2. Exit XBMC.
3. Go into mysql and delete all MyVideo* and MyMusic* databases (google will show you how).
4. Run XBMC and grab the full debug log.
5. Pastebin.com the log and link to it from here.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

After playing around I think I found the culprit. Mysql didn't like my Windows share name. Once I changed the shares to their SMB source it worked perfectly.

It might be worth making a note in the wiki to cover that.
(2012-02-19, 00:36)Monkeypox Wrote: After playing around I think I found the culprit. Mysql didn't like my Windows share name. Once I changed the shares to their SMB source it worked perfectly.

I can also confirm this. The errors I had:

Code:
13:06:25 T:3972   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'M:\\Videos\\Movies\\USA\\','',''))
13:06:25 T:3972   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
                                            Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'M:\\Videos\\Movies\\USA\\','','')
13:06:25 T:3972   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'M:\\Videos\\Movies\\USA\\','',''))
13:06:25 T:3972   ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
                                            Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'M:\\Videos\\Movies\\USA\\','','')
(2012-02-19, 00:36)Monkeypox Wrote: After playing around I think I found the culprit. Mysql didn't like my Windows share name. Once I changed the shares to their SMB source it worked perfectly.

So could you please explain what exactly you changed and to what? I am having the same problems with my upgrade to Eden.

Thanks,
Mark
You need to access your media via a network mount like SMB or NFS, not drive letters or mapped drives. To do this you delete your current media sources and add them as Network drives, even if they are local. MySQL isn't handling the backslash (\) properly.
(2012-03-30, 14:36)Sureguy Wrote: You need to access your media via a network mount like SMB or NFS, not drive letters or mapped drives. To do this you delete your current media sources and add them as Network drives, even if they are local. MySQL isn't handling the backslash (\) properly.

Thanks...I'll give that a try later today.

Mark
UM, i have had the same problem for quiet a while since migrating to alpha/beta Eden.

Code:
15:39:15 T:19148   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos60 [1045](Access denied for user 'xbmc'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
15:39:15 T:19148   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos59 [1045](Access denied for user 'xbmc'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
15:39:15 T:19148   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos58 [1045](Access denied for user 'xbmc'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

** for testing, i used xbmc.log from localhost, not remote, but both are nearly identical

the shared libraries works 100%, just leaves a messy logfile.

furthermore, i have been unable to get android remote to function with library support, i suspect as xbmc running on the pc, has no cached local copy to export to the android?

i also suspect xbmc defaults to new library table name since Eden, and therefore my old name(which was originally setup via MediaPortal plugin years ago, and has many entries)

the mysql server pc and the playback xbmc pc are both running Eden PVR V2, but had same errors with all alphas/betas

debug log is here

http://pastebin.com/U8b857E7

** All share paths are smb, not local btw

thanks in advance,
Dam0
I was having the same problem and switching to SMB - even though the instance of XBMC I was working with is on the same machine as the video files - and this worked. However, I only ran into this issue when I created a profile and tried to use the Lifehacker/HowToNerd instructions for setting up MySQL in order to share library data across instances. The master profile had no problem saving the lettered drive path.
im still using master profile for all pcs xbmc installs
(2012-03-30, 13:42)mwkurt Wrote:

So could you please explain what exactly you changed and to what? I am having the same problems with my upgrade to Eden.

Thanks,
Mark

I know this is a bit late, but I missed this change to the thread.

My windows share had space in the name, that the database didn't like. I changed "Windows Server" to "Windows_Server" and all was right with the world.
[SOLVED]

on a machine with complete local copy of eden video60 and music18 databases(found in user dir)

So i used this tool
Code:
http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/download.html

to delete my dharma format tables. (xbmc_video+xbmc_music)

then open xbmc again, and xbmc will look for the missing tables in your myslq database, when it finds it missing, it will copy the local copy across to the mysql server. This instance of xbmc.log will complain about this is missing etc. but next shutdown and restart, xbmc.log will be sweet again.

i hope this may help others who have had messy log output since migrating to Eden.

Dam0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SQL help please0