[Help] Web Application for Status and Control
Hi Everyone,

I've recently switched from Mediaportal over to XBMC, and other that the initial shock of no configuration utility, and having to completely reorganize my entire library of literally everything, I say it was a worthwhile switch.

Many Thanks to the hard work from the Devs!

Let me explain the Problem, and what I want to do about it:

I've got three XBMC machines running in the house, and for the most part everything works great, but it would be nice to be able to access an overview all three machines at the same time. Nothing fancy, just the status, is it online, offline, last online, version, hostname, IP, etc...

The other thing that would be nice is to be able to have some basic control options from this web page, like reboot, wake up, etc...

The idea here is for household use, if something were to wrong, I don't have to fix it, some other user can simply go to this page on the local network, and a few clicks of a button, fix any problem that comes up. I've already go .bat files that I use to automate most of the things that I want to do, but still, I have to remote in with VNC, bring up explorer, run the .bat file, reboot, log out, etc, it really kills the WAF.

I made a little mockup of what the page should look like, I figure it should be simple and easy to use. Most commands I could probably use event ghost to execute locally on each machine, so this application would have send a message over the network for EG to capture and execute.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4095/...olpage.jpg

My Problem, I have no Idea how to even begin to develop something like this, I was hoping one of you guys could point me in the right direction as to what I would need to learn. I can write basic HTML, but that's about it, and I am clueless as to where to start... Huh

I don't know if anyone else is interested in something like this, but either way, and help is appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Help] Web Application for Status and Control0