Movies use more space one HD versus another
I have two 2TB drives for my movies. One of them is the main drive that I have XBMC point to and the other is the backup. I use SyncToy to keep the same data on each drive. The issue I am having is that the main drive appears to have 100Gb more data on it than the backup however when I check the properties of the folder in which all of the movies are in the space is the same. Each drive only has one folder with all of the movies in them. I have emptied the recycle bin and checked for any hidden files as well.

I am running Win7 64bit Ultimate. They should both be formatted with the default windows settings.

Any ideas?
Hidden, temp and trash files would not get backed up so that might be it...
I selected to show hidden and system files and there aren't any, at least none with any size. I already cleared the recycle bin.
Might have different cluster sizes on each drive.
(2012-11-16, 23:23)ozi83 Wrote: Might have different cluster sizes on each drive.

I'd guess that is the case as well. One of your drives might use 4K sectors (also called advanced format) instead of the legacy size of 512B. This would explain the discrepancy in file size across drives.
What is the best way to check the cluster size?
(2012-11-16, 23:23)ozi83 Wrote: Might have different cluster sizes on each drive.

Even if they did how would that account for 100GB difference?
Windows System restore backup maybe?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies use more space one HD versus another0