No video with Shuttle SH67H3
Hi,

First off, I'm a complete newbie. I bought a shuttle sh67h3 and added an Intel i5-2310, 1 tb SATA, and 4 GB DDR3 RAM. No video card. For my display, I connected an HDMI cable to my TV, and when I start up the Shuttle, all I get is a blank blue screen. The Shuttle customer service said it should read the HDMI port without any installations/updates. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Do you not even get a POST screen ("press del for bios, Fx for boot menu etc)?

EDIT: And have you/can you try it with another monitor?
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Thanks for the response.

No POST screen. Just solid blue.

All I have are laptop and flatscreens. I was hoping not to buy a seperate monitor, but I guess I may have to. Just wanted to see if I was doing something else wrong before.
Nono, on the opposite. I'd say that if you can't even see the POST screen, chances are that there's actually something wrong with the computer.

My Shuttle shows POST on my TV (models involved in my sig), so I see no reason why yours shouldn't, and this very fact should perhaps be mentioned to Shuttle support if it starts leaning towards an RMA.

I can think of a few more possible checks to do:
  • does the TV have any advanced settings (or similar) for the HDMI input - see any settings that may be the problem
  • does it have more than one HDMI input - try on both
  • does any of your laptops have HDMI - test the cable and TV HDMI sockets/settings by attaching a know-to-work machine
  • Does your TV have DVI in and do you have a DVI cable - try what happens when using DVI
If most or all of the above can be checked and turns out "checked ok" then I'd say you definitely have a DOA HDMI port on your Shuttle.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
suman Wrote:Thanks for the response.

No POST screen. Just solid blue.

All I have are laptop and flatscreens. I was hoping not to buy a seperate monitor, but I guess I may have to. Just wanted to see if I was doing something else wrong before.

I also have a SH67H3 with Ubuntu 11 and XBMC. Works just fine. Only problem I had was the usb-ports but that is fixed with the latest bios
suman Wrote:Hi,

First off, I'm a complete newbie. I bought a shuttle sh67h3 and added an Intel i5-2310, 1 tb SATA, and 4 GB DDR3 RAM. No video card. For my display, I connected an HDMI cable to my TV, and when I start up the Shuttle, all I get is a blank blue screen. The Shuttle customer service said it should read the HDMI port without any installations/updates. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

double check the TV input.

Does the computer make any kind of noise or chime when it is starting? If it's not even posting you may want to check your memory. Make sure it is seated properly and is in the correct slot. Not all mother boards allow you to just put memory in any slot, some require you to occupy certain slots first.

Is there any other outputs on the motherboard? is there possibly a jumper you have to use to change outputs on the back of the motherboard?

Is the motherboard powered correctly? do you have the 24pin ATX connection and the 4 pin connection firmly seated?

Report back Big Grin
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Thanks for the replies. I ordered a dvi to hdmi cable, and now have video output.

Now another obstacle...I can't get past the "setup is starting" screen when installing windows 7. I'm going to try to flash the bios update and see if that fixes it.
Have windows 7 and sp1 installed as well as drivers and bios update, but still can't get hdmi output. Dvi works fine. Windows recognizes the drive, but I get no signal at all to come through the hdmi port?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
There is something wrong with the board. You should get HDMI output with the post screen. Did you check the BIOS?
Yes. In bios, my two options for video output are 1. VGA And 2. VGA/PCIE.
Ive been using the second option, which allows my hdmi output to at least be detected by windows. When I switch to just VGA, the hdmi monitor is not even detected.
I'm having a similar problem with my brand new Shuttle SZ77R5 - I plug in the HDMI cable and I'm getting no signal at all on my TV.

I've tried my graphics card as well with no luck. I've also tried unplugging all devices (HD, DVD, graphics card) and that doesn't help. Any solutions or will I have to pick up a DVI to HDMI cable (lame)?
OK, I'm having more or less identical problems, so a bit of help would be useful. My SH67H3 is built with an i7 and 16Gb of RAM, but I don't believe either of these things are causing the problem. I also have an Radeon 6850 fitted, which might be the problem, but again I don't think so. I've tried booting with the Radeon card removed and it made no difference.

(1) there is no audible tone on power up, and no LEDs show apart from on the DVD drive and the power on light, but all fans and disk drives start up.As the main cooler fan is powered off the mother board I assume this means there's power to the mother board.
(2) press-and-hold the power switch for about five seconds causes power down, implying that at least the BIOS is seeing the switch, which means again that the BIOS is running.
(3) I've tried both DVI ports on the video card, and also the DVI port on the motherboard, both with a DVI-to-DVI cable and with a DVI-to-VGA cable. The monitor detects no signal with any of these.
(4) I've not yet tried an HDMI cable, I've just ordered one tonight.
(5) The monitor definitely works with other computers.

Any suggestions for diagnostics?
same problem here, did you manage to get it working ?

I only have a couple of VGA cables, and two adapters VGA-DVI-D and VGA-DVI-A. Can't get any output on any monitor I have tried so far.
its a SH67H3 with motherboard v2, with a i5 3570T

Considering to buy a DVI-DVI cable tomorrow, or a cheap VGA card to get this working

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video with Shuttle SH67H31