Rosewill remote control
Anyone have any insight how to map one of the keys on the MCE Rosewill RR-126 to the contextual menu? I've tried reading through some of the keyboard.xml wikis but my eyes are getting crossed.
I did a quick search of the forums for "rosewill" and it appears to be an ehome remote. If so look on wiki.xbmc.org for the article "Using a Microsoft remote control in Windows".

JR
Unfortunately that's where my eyes get crossed. I'm not smart enough to convert that wiki to somehow changing a specific button on my ehome remote to show the contextual menu.
Install the MCERemote add-on (it's in the Programs section). Run the add-on and select "Configure MCERemote settings". Scroll down to find the button you want to open the context menu, and set it to "c" (without the quotes). Click OK, apply the settings then restart Windows.

JR
I've tried that a couple times with no success? Am I missing something?
Grab ShowKey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and use it to check what, if any, keystrokes your remote is sending. In particular check the Play, Stop, FF and Rewind buttons and post what ShowKey tells you here so I can check it.

JR
With ShowKey, the info key doesn't register at all. Stop registered but Play, FF, and RW only showed app commands:

Stop: <stop>Notification(Key, stop, 3)</stop>
Play: WM_APPCOMMAND 46: Begin playing at the urrent position
FF: WM_APPCOMMAND 49 Increase the speed of stream playback
RW: WM_APPCOMMAND 50 Go backward in a stream at a higher rate of speed
Your remote is still sending the default signals so the registry hasn't been updated. Either that or the Rosewill doesn't use the same bit of the registry as other eHome remotes.

Run RegEdit and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da

Export this key to a .reg file, then pop the .reg file on http://pastebin.com/ and post the link here. If you open the .reg file in Notepad it should look like:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]
"ReportMappingTable"=hex:00,00,00,00,04,00,27,etc etc

JR
http://pastebin.com/zC0EPPxa
The registry settings are still at the defaults, i.e. the remote config hasn't been changed.

Are you using Windows 7 or Vista? If so do you have User Access Control enabled? It's possible that the user access control is preventing you from making the changes to the registry.

JR
7 64bit with UAC disabled.
Monkeypox Wrote:7 64bit with UAC disabled.

Then that's exceedingly strange. Just to confirm we're on the same wavelength, the procedure is:

- open the MCERemote addon and select "Apply current settings to remote"

- click Yes on the "are you sure" dialog

- Restart Windows

If this still doesn't work press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
"%APPDATA%\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.mceremote\resources\data\msremote.reg"

(including the quotes) and click OK and answer yes when you're asked if you want to enter the data into the registry. Now reboot and see if the remote works.

JR
That's what I'm doing.

Just to clarify, the remote works. I've gotten the green button to launch XBMC. I can stop, start, play, etc... with the remote.

The only thing I can't seem to do is figure out how to map a button to something different. I've tried the add-on to map the info button, the # and * buttons to the ContextMenu with no luck at all.
Monkeypox Wrote:I've gotten the green button to launch XBMC.

Is that because the green button has been successfully remappeed to send ctrl-shift-W, or have you done something else to make the green button launch XBMC?

JR
I followed some directions on this forum for modifying the registry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rosewill remote control0