Problem with HD videos
Hi, I have big problem with playing HD videos. With XBMC version 9.11 is all OK, but with XBMC 10 or higher is problem.
HD videos are not play correctly ... no smoothly.

I have AMD Athlon x2 64 6000+, ATI radeon X1950 PCIE 512 MB, 2 GB RAM, WIN7 64. Where can be problem? Bad Graphic card? I try reinstal win, directX, codecs, XBMC. Still problem. Only XBMC 9.11 play HD videa OK.

Please help.

Sorry for my bad english.
Make sure you have DXVA2 disabled in the video settings.
Main HTPC:
Intel e4600 + AMD HD5450 + Antec NSK2480B case + 4gb ddr2 + Earthwatts 430 + 1.5tb Seagate 7200 + XBMC Rapier Qualar Mod Skin + Win7
Office HTPC/Ripper/Server:
AMD x4 635 + GT220 + Antec 300 case + 4gbddr3 + OCZ ModXStream 500 psu + 3x2tb WD green drives + Win7
Try true fullscreen as opposed to fullscreen window as well.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Mallet21 Wrote:Make sure you have DXVA2 disabled in the video settings.

Now i dxva2 turn off. Problem is still. So i have turn off deinterlace. Is it right? And setting Lancoz 3.

Why HD videos are in XBMC 9.11 ok, but XBMC or higher is bad? Where is different? Biggiest problem is with movies Avatar and similary ... fast actions and shot of landscape with threes with moving leafs.

I am hopeless ... please help.
DDDamian Wrote:Try true fullscreen as opposed to fullscreen window as well.

I use true fullscreen. In setting XBMC si fullscreen, no window.

Problem still continue ... :-(
It might be well worth your time to upgrade that GPU (I'd recommend an ATI 6450 - quite cheap and good results) and stick with DXVA2 hardware acceleration. I think you'll have much better results.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:It might be well worth your time to upgrade that GPU (I'd recommend an ATI 6450 - quite cheap and good results) and stick with DXVA2 hardware acceleration. I think you'll have much better results.

Do u think, that graphic card is poor for HD videos? I have one more graphic card in main PC. ATI HD 4850. With this card is HD videos in XBMC OK. I think, that X1950 is not so poor.

Oki ... can u recommend some low end graphic card for my HTPC, but this card does HD OK?
The 4850 will help quite a bit if you enable DXVA2. I've had good results with the 4650.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with HD videos0