• 7(current)
[WIP] lightbox skin
(2012-03-13, 03:57)deh2k7 Wrote: Looks amazing Tree!

A couple thoughts -

Your new weather icons that you created a few days back, they are beautiful. Why did you decide not to use them in Lightbox?

Are you planning support for some of the common addons, like Weather+, Artwork Downloader, TVTunes, Artist Slideshow, Metadata Actors, Random Items, etc?

How much "customize-ability" are you planning for the tiles for each section? Will you allow for users to configure the tiles on the left to show things like Recently Added, Featured, Genre's, Years, etc (I know I saw genres)?

Planning on extrafanart support? This would be amazing combined with a Zune-like slideshow for Music!

Also - congrats on joining the XBMC Team Smile

The new weather icons I created were to replace the default xbmc ones which were looking a little dated. They don't really go with this paticular skin.

In terms of customisability. There will be an add on button on the home page for sure to allow addons however I am currently focusing on the core elements.

The extrafanart thing I will add as an option. i think it probably would look good on the now playing/visualisation screen.

Will post an update in the next couple of days
i for one will love it if u added the ability to add custom playlists to the homescreen. i have separate playlists for anime and live action tv shows and would love it if i can access everything from the main screen. u can utilize the "random and last items" script to show the most recently added items to the list, as to have them look natural with the other sections (movies, music, etc). i kno ur focusing on the essentials for now, but please keep this on ur "to do" list. this is probably my main request. thx!! Smile
Shut the front door. This skin is awesome, but the comments are classic. Good luck with this skin - I can't wait to try it out.
Very nice skin!!! Looking forward to it ^^
Very nice skin mate! Really love it! looking forward to the release... hopefully you'll finish it soon enough Smile or a beta Tongue
Great skin Smile Great ideas too. Take your time with it and don't let anyone rush you.
Nice animations
Tree jammer,

Will this akin have support for pvr functionality? That would be the icing on the cake.

Looking sweet!

Cheers,
Loggio.
Blown away by this skin. Well done. Keep focussed is my only other comment. Many skins seem to die a death because of attempts to make them all things to all people.

I also tip my hat to you for your illustrations as well :-)
Can I ask what background picture you are using in most of the screenshots (actionheroes?)
(2012-03-22, 21:57)pallisvans Wrote: Can I ask what background picture you are using in most of the screenshots (actionheroes?)
Watchmen!
Thanks mate Smile
(2012-03-22, 21:57)pallisvans Wrote: Can I ask what background picture you are using in most of the screenshots (actionheroes?)

That's from the film Watchmen - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen_(film). It's a good one if you haven't seen it.
UPDATE!!

Added the following
  • Custom Home Wallpapers updated depending on section and random
  • Movie Poster View
  • Genre View with custom genre icons
  • Tv show view
  • Season view
  • Episode View
  • Library update status indicator
  • Fullscreen Video Info with Actor View
  • Music Wall view

The settings and shutdown pics are temporary and stolen from aeon nox, will change them. Also weather pic is static and will be replaced with weather fanart. Some animations (esp. music album view) are a little off.

Some of the slowness is because it is getting the data from my server and also because my mac mini slows down a little when trying to record and run xbmc at the same time Big Grin.

and a little video or course

enjoy!
few more pics

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] lightbox skin16