• 11(current)
[WIP] lightbox skin
Finally it's 'next' week. Pinned this topic to favorites, can't wait to try it Smile
(2012-04-09, 18:59)Dannydeman Wrote: Finally it's 'next' week. Pinned this topic to favorites, can't wait to try it Smile

was going to post something extremely similar but didn't want to seem too eager however I really am
Looking forward to it as well, but want Tree to have as much time as he needs for a quality skin to be built.
Looking forward to testing this out, keep up the good work
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
I cant bear the wait - let the beta come soon Smile
eagerly waiting ... my nails are nearly gone by now..
Thumbs up. Looks great.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
still no word on PVR support?
(2012-04-12, 04:43)loggio Wrote: still no word on PVR support?

All seriousness here this question really is the bane of a XBMC Skinner
* Its just not as easy as it sounds and easily adds another 20% work onto the final product and when you consider that its not even a default XBMC option and only about 20% at most use it. Its not something that's high on the list of things to do to a skin before releasing it because it can delay a skin for a month or more depending on how much time you put into it

* If you want to use stuff that's not really officially supported "yet" then that's up to you and fine but skins don't have to make it a priority if people are really that busting for it then let them add it and it may even help the original skin author add the support back for everyone
Not saying its easy jezz… Only asking. He hasn't commented yet and I'm curious to know his intentions.
I'm sure someone will add it later on. however, since its on the road map for the next release of xbmc, and since the current status of pvr is quite stable (for the most part) I would have thought it appropriate to ask his intentions to add it, or even bring it to his attention. wouldn't you?
Considering it would be delaying the inevitable anyway.

What's wrong with delaying a release? I've always followed the rule to ''do it now, so I don't have to stuff around later'' lolz

Anyways, looking forward to it!

This skin looks mad, like a professional product/design. If it works well they should consider it for a default skin, give xbmc a fresh new look.

Loggio.
(2012-04-12, 12:18)loggio Wrote: I would have thought it appropriate to ask his intentions to add it, or even bring it to his attention. wouldn't you?
Loggio.

NO
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-12, 12:18)loggio Wrote: I would have thought it appropriate to ask his intentions to add it, or even bring it to his attention. wouldn't you?

NO
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-12, 07:41)Jezz_X Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 04:43)loggio Wrote: still no word on PVR support?

All seriousness here this question really is the bane of a XBMC Skinner
* Its just not as easy as it sounds and easily adds another 20% work onto the final product and when you consider that its not even a default XBMC option and only about 20% at most use it. Its not something that's high on the list of things to do to a skin before releasing it because it can delay a skin for a month or more depending on how much time you put into it

* If you want to use stuff that's not really officially supported "yet" then that's up to you and fine but skins don't have to make it a priority if people are really that busting for it then let them add it and it may even help the original skin author add the support back for everyone

I really agree with Jezz_X on this one. I love my Mythtv PVR setup; and am very grateful a few skinners have decided to add PVR support. However, I do not expect it. The PVR branch is not officially supported, so regardless of how awesome a skin might be there is no expectation that a skinner is going to do anything to support it right now.

From the vids and pics it definitely looks like tree_jammer has a wonderful vision in mind for this skin. If eventually that vision includes PVR that would be great; but I think PVR users just need to be patient here considering there isn't even a beta release yet. XBMC has existed without this skin for a long time, a few more days/weeks/months for the author to do things right is well worth it. I would imagine a constant stream of requests before the first release is done is another "bane" of an xbmc skinner.
Guys... Relax, it was a question. Not a request, not a demand. A question, I am curious. Why so touchy? It's not forbidden to ask about pvr.
(2012-04-12, 21:41)loggio Wrote: Guys... Relax, it was a question. Not a request, not a demand. A question, I am curious. Why so touchy? It's not forbidden to ask about pvr.

Of course not Smile

Let's just wait until it's released. Maybe there should be opened a seperate thread for feature requests for skins, so that the main thread is for user feedback on current builds.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] lightbox skin16