Distorted Playback
Hey Everyone,
So basically just got my HTPC all built and rdy to go and have encountered a problem with a few files. I'm not exactly sure how to summarize this in a few words so I couldn't really search for it as best as I'd like, so please point me in the right direction if this has been convered before.

I am running XBMC 10.1 with the Aeon MQ 2 skin with the hardware being core2quad and a gtx210. The problem I am encountering is that when I go to play some movies in XBMC the picture/video itself will be the top third of the screen and there will actually be two pictures side by side playing. The audio seems normal and when I check the files individually (outside of XBMC) they work fine and the files themselves are different file formats aswell so I don't think it is a codec issue.

Has anyone else encountered thisHuh
Please help!
post a debug log in pastebin.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
So I reproduced the error, paused the movie and opened a debug log. I hope I did that correctly. Anyways, here is the link! Please let me know what you guys think!

http://pastebin.com/2EdgVd2E
Hmm, I was suspecting you were trying to play a 3D film (hence side by side pic) but if it doesn't it on dark knight (non-3d) then I don't have any suggestions.

Although the dark knights aspect ratio does change throughout the film starts 16:9 then goes wider screen (with black bars at the top and bottom). Does dark knight display side by side images or upper 1/3 of the screen?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Yeah displays both on the top 1/3 of the screen aswell as two side-by-side images.
I was able to do a clean install of the program (deleted my user settings aswell) and reinstall of the skin. The problem is fixed, but after thinking about it for a while I think that what may have caused the problem was allowing hardware rendering (which currently isn't on and the movie plays fine).

Anyways, I'll post again if it comes back up- but thanks for the responses!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Distorted Playback0