Create JSON API to add movies and tv shows
Hi guys!

I would really love to have to ability to call JSON RPC to add new movies and tv shows rather than having to scan the whole drive array (which in my case runs in thousands of files) just to import one new file.
I try to skim over the code and
I think we need 3 functions, namely
Code:
AddMovieDetails, AddTVShowDetails, AddEpisodeDetails
These 3 functions probably pretty much stay the same as three existing functions
Code:
SetMovieDetails, SetTVShowDetails, SetEpisodeDetails
However, since I'm not a coder I can't do this myself.
Would anyone be able to help and get these coded in?

Thanksssssssssssss
You can already add a single movie/episode without the need to scan the whole directory.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Lunatixz is correct.

Maybe you are not aware of the procedure to perform individual updates? See here.. http://kodi.wiki/view/Library_update
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Are you referring to the following statement from the wiki?
Quote:Select the item in file view and either press I on the keyboard, or bring up the contextual menu (press C) and select "Movie information" or "TV show information"
Yes
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This works using the kodi program itself. However, I'm running kodi on a headless server, so I need to way to activate it remotely.
Is there a way to run this sort of command without JSON API?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create JSON API to add movies and tv shows0