xbmcbuntu menu sound stoppped
Question 
Menu sound was wrking but now stopped, videos sound is okay.

Stranger if I exit and log in to xbmcbuntu and launch xbmc there menu sounds do work?

This is on nvida system.
hello!

I have experienced the same issue! not a big deal imho

also in confluence I had no sound when starting movie from recently added menu ... fixed with the OSD menu. starting from normal movies section sound was OK.

also running a nvidia system as seen in my signature...
rebuilding ....
Yes not a massive deal but it is frustrating given that it was working in the first instance.

Why is it that I get menu sounds when I launch xbmc from Ubuntu desktop but not when xbmc autostarts.

The frustrating thing is that menu sounds were working to bgin with.

What is it that controls this.

I am asus nvidia board p5n7a-vm
Do you not get any menu sounds at all or do they simply stop working after you've played a movie and perhaps paused it at some point? If you get menu sounds and they go away the the following might help you.

LH88 Wrote:I've finally found a solution to the menu sounds disappearing after playing a movie, it turns out it is a known bug that if you pause a movie with a button that is assigned to the space key it causes the menu sounds to disappear but if you pause with a button that is mapped to Play it will not lose menu sounds after pausing a movie. The code to fix this is below.

Code:
cp /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml
cp /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
nano .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/*.xml

In both files at global settings change "Pause" to "Play"

Edit: Also make sure you have the following file.

If you would like to Setup your remote control or get the menu sounds working you will need to edit a couple of files.
These files can be accessed by an FTP client. I used WinSCP on a windows PC.. You enter your IP and username and password (I set a secure root password) and then browse the files.
So setup the menu sounds create a blank notepad file and enter into it:

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}

save it as asoundrc.txt
Then FTP it over to you revo, into USER / XBMC folder. Once its in there rename it to .asoundrc
No menu sounds at all now in in either launcing directly in XBMC or launching xbmc from the desktop.

I had the file ytou mention although there was a lot more stuff in it, I edited as suggested but no difference.

Think I'll chalk this down to a bug in this beta version, but I will get a new MB at the end of the month amd see what happens then as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu menu sound stoppped0