Beta 3 + Smoke Effect = memory leak
Has anyone else found that Aeon Nox has a memory leak with the background panel smoke effect in Eden Beta 3?

I'm running Aeon Nox on Eden Beta 2 on my 2 main machines and it works great - it's just Beta 3 that I'm seeing the issue. Memory will grow until it hits almost 3gb (my test laptop has 4gb) and my entire machine grinds to an almost halt - or if I'm not running enough other stuff and it has juuuuust enough room to grow a bit more, it seems to flush itself out and then starts to climb quickly again Fig1:

After turning off the smoke effect in both places: it drops instantly to a normal level and stays there. I know it states this option may increase CPU usage, but CPU is fine - it's RAM it's chewing through like it's a free-for-all buffet.

Below is the log for the above memory screenshot. I started XBMC with Aeon Nox loaded - left it sit on the home screen doing nothing, then went into options and turned the smoke effect off, then exited out.

http://pastebin.com/7cK58U3T
First , Aeon Nox can't have a memory leak. Only XBMC can have it.
Running beyond beta3 and not seeing this on my 2 HTPC
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:First , Aeon Nox can't have a memory leak. Only XBMC can have it.
Running beyond beta3 and not seeing this on my 2 HTPC

Well, I wasn't going to blame XBMC, seeing as it doesn't do it using any other theme, but I see your point. XBMC has a memory leak...when running Aeon Nox and its background smoke effect.

I tried rolling both of my main system to beta 3 when it was 1st available and it hangs on startup and goes nowhere - more reading shows it's a SQL database issue, so I've rolled back to Beta 2 and all is happy...So I can't test this on anything else without dicking with 2 systems that are in use daily and work perfectly fine - but it's definitely an issue, and only with Aeon Nox, Eden Beta 3 and the background effects.

I'm not sure what else you'd like me to report or try...anyone else having this issue?
Mungo Wrote:...anyone else having this issue?

Apparently not. Fine, I'll just turn the background effect off.
yeah, I wasn't going to suggest that, but it's probably best. Rapid multi-image is just stress for the system, hence the warning. Haven't run into this particular side-effect though.
Sorry I'm a bit late to the frey, I've been seeing this for a while. @BigNoid, if you want I'll help out where I can.
Developer working on Trakt Utilties for XBMC (Download)
Please read Getting Support before asking for support.
othrayte Wrote:Sorry I'm a bit late to the frey, I've been seeing this for a while. @BigNoid, if you want I'll help out where I can.

I don't really know how to solve this from a skinning point of view...
perhaps adjusting the time attribute and make it slower? or does that look ugly?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
then it seems to begin to stutter.

Seems some memory leak in XBMC code although i haven't had any issue with this on both my win7 machines
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What will need to be done is to identify the smallest change that makes XBMC leak and then report it to the XBMC devs.
Developer working on Trakt Utilties for XBMC (Download)
Please read Getting Support before asking for support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta 3 + Smoke Effect = memory leak0