Can't refresh the video library
Hi all,

So I feel like a complete noob with all this. I'm fairly technically savvy, but this is new territory. I'm getting really frustrated with the process so far. It seems way too difficult.

So I have a jailbroken ATV (running 4.4, I think, jailbroken by someone else) running Eden Beta2. Attached to it is a WD My Book Live via wired ethernet thru a 5-port hub. I previously had a Seagate GoFlex drive, but returned it as it seems those drives don't support Samba (SMB) shares.

Share the new folder, uploaded up a 3-4 ripped DVDs and was quickly this time able to add a new source for the video (SMB) and was able to get a scan done. All these videos showed when I select Videos>Files, scraped info and all. Pretty cool so I thought. BUT ... today I uploaded about another 6-8 DVDs to the same folder. Although I have XBMC set to run a scan on startup, and despite numerous startups, I cannot see any of the new files thru Videos>Movies. I know they are there on the drive, because they show up under Videos>Files, and I can play them from there (no screen scraper there though. When XBMC does its startup scan, I can see a few messages on the top right of the screen, but they flash by so quickly I can't read them. I can't seem to find a [successful] way to kick-off a re-scan to update the library.

Please help me get access to the movies thru XBMC.

I also now have several duplicate sources under Videos>Files, and I can't seem to find any way to delete these (especially the ones for the Seagate drive I no longer have.
Go to videos->files.

Go to your source that contains the videos (this will probably be in the "root" of the files node).

Bring up the context menu (long press of select maybe?)

Select "Scan for new content".

If it doesn't work, repeat the above with debug logging turned on (settings->system->debugging) and post the debug log to pastebin.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

you hold the menu button on the remote to bring up the context menu. from there you can scan for new content and delete the sources you don't want. if your files are not named correctly the scraper won't find them though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't refresh the video library0