Bluray in VLC
Question 
Hi, there is a new version of VLC player which is able to play bluray discs. Is it possible to apply core of player to XBMC for playing bluray movies?
tomasg Wrote:Hi, there is a new version of VLC player which is able to play bluray discs. Is it possible to apply core of player to XBMC for playing bluray movies?

For now you would have to setup VLC as an external player. I remember seeing a post somewhere on here that Blu-ray playback would likely come in the next major release of XBMC (i.e. version 12) which, given current release schedules, will be next year. I believe the library to do the blu-ray playback is still in beta form anyway, so that would give everything plenty of time to shake out and get stable.
Try looking at DSPlayer for XBMC

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106629

It might be a solution for you
Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

XBMC Clients x2 (DSPlayer)
tomasg Wrote:Hi, there is a new version of VLC player which is able to play bluray discs. Is it possible to apply core of player to XBMC for playing bluray movies?
If you would like VLC to be your player, you can setup XBMC to use external player. You still can enjoy the nice front-end of XBMC and quality playback of VLC. Here is the instruction, and you can simply replace other players in the codes with VLC- Working External Player Solution! Smile

If you want to play blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM with XBMC Beta 3 "Play Disc" option, you can download "AnyDVD HD" to decrypt blu-ray disc in the background. You should be able to playback blu-ray disc with XBMC! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:If you want to play blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM with XBMC Beta 3 "Play Disc" option, you can download "AnyDVD HD" to decrypt blu-ray disc in the background. You should be able to playback blu-ray disc with XBMC! Smile

Yes, I want to play bluray discs directly from BD-ROM, so I try your solution or DSplayer. If I get some problems I probably let you know Smile

Thank you
tomasg Wrote:Yes, I want to play bluray discs directly from BD-ROM, so I try your solution or DSplayer. If I get some problems I probably let you know Smile

Thank you
XBMC Beta3 and AnyDVD HD should allow you to playback blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM using XBMC "Play Disc" option as shown below:

bluray Wrote:XBMC Beta3 and AnyDVD HD should allow you to playback blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM using XBMC "Play Disc" option as shown below:

It works better than I thought, thank you for the tip.
tomasg Wrote:It works better than I thought, thank you for the tip.
It can playback as good as any player, and you don't have to mess around with any settings either. It's time to enjoy the movie then! Smile
Do the VLC libraries handle menus too?
Having gone through this thread, it looks like it's a Windows solution.
I'm using Eden b3 but I don't get an option "Play disc" - is it available on the Mac port of XBMC?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray in VLC0