TVHeadend scan on startup
Hi

Having setup TVHeadend and XBMC, I now have an issue where everytime the machine is restarted, TVHeadend scans the muxes. Which takes an extremely long time.

Please could someone advise if this is normal, and if so, how I stop it.

Thanks
Uncheck idlescanning/autodetect muxes ? Under tvheadend adapter config settings...
Also only keep the muxes you need, not all of them if you do not need them all.
Thanks for your comments.

@Jönke: I have done this, that's the only logical thing I thought it could be.

@onadvent: Again, I have done this.

I have also tried adding just a few muxes manually, no auto-detect, let it scan, map channels, and again exactly the same?!

I also get a lot of "no input detected" messages when using the "Map service to channels" button

Any ideas?

Thanks
doesn't seem to be normal .. i have added all muxes manually, no problems ..

which Version of tvheadend ("about") ..

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
TVHeadend version is the most recent from pulse-eight ppa. In work atm, so cant check.

Will do so when home.
Version: HTS Tvheadend 2.12.99~pulse-4
I'm not too sure what I am doing wrong.

Have followed everything by the letter, installed a clean install of Xubuntu, with tvheadend from the pulse-eight repo and still get the same problem.

ARGH!!!!

Any ideas?

I am currently trying it on Ubuntu. Sure it will make no difference, but what the hell?!
I've done a clean install. This time with Ubuntu as OS.

And still I have the same problem.

Idle scanning is disabled, and still on boot it scans

Then when I try to view a channel, no input is detected.

Really getting stressed now, as aside from this all works well.

Any help appreciated. If anyone knows a line of script I can use to force it not to scan would be appreciated

Thanks
same issues here with muxes added manually on git built from yesterday. 36 muxes re-scanned everytime on bootup. idle scan off, mux auto off.
I have found this post:

https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/617

Which instructs to edit out a line and recompile to disable the scan on startup.
Can anyone help me with this please, cos I have no clue and will just mess my system up (again and again and again)

Thanks
that sounds strange Shocked.. I have taken TVHeadend from pulse eight repos and Xubuntu 11.10 too - but can't see that behaviour .. are you sure that you installed "tvheadend" version "2.12.99~pulse-4 (protocol 5)" and not "hts-tvheadend" ?!

Unfortunately the support for tvheadend over their forum is not that active as for example for VDR .. I'll try using VDR as Backend ..

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend scan on startup0