• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Add-on Metadata Actors - Skin support
Great one. Thanks Frostbox.
(2012-10-03, 10:19)Cool_bombom Wrote: Hi Frostbox

Great idea and addon.

one request though :-) ... would it be possible to run the addon in silent mode, so skinners would be able to retreive info about an actor/director and display it in the skin, instead of having to start the addon gui to retreive info. OR maby add the abbility to "retreive info for all actors/directors".

I was looking at the code myself, to see if i could add a silent mode, but the code is quite comprehensive so i found myself getting nowhere fast :-) .. I would love to help if you could point me to some of the code that need to be altered!

cheers
c_bb

maybe you could try accessing the db that this add-on creates. See first post for the db path.
(2012-10-03, 15:22)alexisazen Wrote: maybe you could try accessing the db that this add-on creates. See first post for the db path.

could be an idea ... but there is no reason to access the database, when the info about the actor has not been retreived :-)

the current.actor.xxxxx properties is working like a charm ... what i wanted was to get the information about the actor without loading the addon gui ... so when im in "movies -> actors" i load the script on focus like this <onfocus condition="IsEmpty(Window.Property(current.actor.name))">runscript(script.metadata.actors,$INFO[ListItem.Label])</onfocus> and then the data for actor is loaded and i can use the current.actor.xxxxx properties, but the problem is that the addon gui is loaded every time. would be nice with a silent mode!

Hope it makes sense? And that frostbox will take it into consideration!

cheers
c_bb
I'm having difficulty with retrieving the info for any actors lately with this script. After running the script (with Frodo Alpha 6, Aeon Nox), a basically blank screen is returned, with all info fields empty or "N/A". Is this a result of using Frodo vs. Eden?

I've attached a debug log, and the errors are shown a couple times starting at line 1861, and again at line 1988.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9969

Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
i have the same problem, but can retreive data from movies->actors ... in other words the properties current.actor.xxxxx is not empty!! and another problem i have is that i can't exit the script again via go to previousmenu ... so have to go to "browse" or "addon settings" and then exit. I have also noticed, that if the skin u use don't have the script-actors-dialoginfo.xml and it has to use the default xml from the scripts own folder, no data is saved to the database!

update: i also experience that the script get's xbmc windows version to crash ... there is no pattern to when it will do it, windows will suddently just say that xbmc has crashed while running the script!

update: danish translation
http://www.loaditup.de/files/736042_n9ym87st23.xml

cheers
c_bb
I need some help. I'm trying to use this great add-on but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong as it's not working.
I'm using Aeon Nox.
I installed from zip but when I go to info in a movie I don't see any buttons next to play, get thumb, refresh, etc...
What am I missing?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2012-10-09, 23:48)ArieS Wrote: I need some help. I'm trying to use this great add-on but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong as it's not working.
I'm using Aeon Nox.
I installed from zip but when I go to info in a movie I don't see any buttons next to play, get thumb, refresh, etc...
What am I missing?
Press up to highlight actor list, then right to highlight focused actor. Press select to run script.
And I just realized I get a script error : service.py
BN, if I do that I get the spinning icon and XBMC crashes.
(2012-10-10, 00:17)ArieS Wrote: And I just realized I get a script error : service.py
BN, if I do that I get the spinning icon and XBMC crashes.

Would need a debug log to determine if its script or skin error.
Ok, I'll do one tonight after work.
Here's the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10332

Thanks for having a look.
(2012-10-10, 10:11)ArieS Wrote: Here's the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10332

Thanks for having a look.

Thats a script error, something about utf-8 encoding. Can't really help with that.
Confused

Do you know who could? Should I post that in the Windows section?

Thanks BN.
(2012-10-11, 19:47)ArieS Wrote: Confused

Do you know who could? Should I post that in the Windows section?

Thanks BN.

the one that made the script so he can fix it for next version
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Oh.
Well, that's his thread so he should be seeing it Smile
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Add-on Metadata Actors - Skin support3