PS3 and Addons/Plugin
I have my PC with XBMC working fine...i can add plugins and stuff...my PS3 can access stored content as well...however i dont know if I can access added Plugins/Add ons on Ps3? is it even possible?

Thanks
highwingers Wrote:I have my PC with XBMC working fine...i can add plugins and stuff...my PS3 can access stored content as well...however i dont know if I can access added Plugins/Add ons on Ps3? is it even possible?

Thanks

If you mean: "Is there a way to install XBMC on a PS3?" - Then, no.

Though I have heard of some people working on it, read of one guy that has been able to do it, barely - it is completely usable.

If you google around I'm sure you can get more info about Sony's PS3OS being the definition of proprietary.

And if you meant "Can I stream software from my PC though my PS3 to the TV" then again, no, not the same language.
Enigma2118: I believe he is referring to sharing the content over upnp. I believe PS3 has a build in upnp client. I might be wrong though.

I don't think it is currently possible to share add-on content over upnp. It would be an interesting feature though.
Ah ha, well that is a much more realistic question to ask!

Yes, there are UPNP servers for the PS3. Two of the best are "medialink" and "playstation media server" Both do a great job of streaming content on your computer to your PS3, will even convert on the fly content that the PS3 can't read on its own (MKV files for example) I believe the 2nd choice listed is free.

Now sharing add-on content over upnp? Nope sorry. But BlueCop is right, it would be an interesting feature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS3 and Addons/Plugin0