Windows Phone XBMC remote app (for XBMC 12 Frodo and Eden)
@jdbrookes:
Typo: I will change that in the next version.
Now playing page: I will consider implementing this feature in a future release...
Image problem: I have one question: If you remove the username and password in the app, does it work or does XBMC refuse the connection (eg authentication failed)? Even if I set a password in XBMC settings, the connection also works without password. Is this a problem with XBMC RC1?
Sorry been a bit busy lately,

The problem still exist, wrong username/password combination will refuse connection
Right username/password combination will let the app work except the images
No username/password shows images.

I got a small question, since there is no costum buttons i want to remap things from your remote. I dont use the mute button so i want that to be the fullscreen button (for the aeon skin).
If i look at the wiki i guess the mute button sends the <mute>mute</mute> command.
so if i put this in de keyboard.xml:
<global>
<keyboard>
<mute>fullscreen</mute>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

It should work right? i also changed the word keyboard in remote but it doesnt work. Can you say wich command your sending? Or anyone has an idea what im doing wrong (and if its possible)
Hi vortex1

Ive found the the image issue... I've also implemented the event client which is used for "menu" and "info" button. Modifiing keyboard.xml wont work because mute is not sent by event client, it is sent by XML RPC which cannot be modified...

Version 1.6 features / changes:
- "menu", "info", "full" (fullscreen) button, change subtitles button
- virtual keyboard for xbmc text input
- left, right, up, down remote button now repeating
- fixed image bug
- some UI improvements

The update should be available soon...
Sounds like really nice updates! Can't see v1.7 yet but looking forward to it.

I've tried quite a few XBMC remote apps for WP now and I like yours best! Smile Gave it a good review on the marketplace and I'll do my best to promote it to friends etc.

Keep up the good work!
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
The newest version will be 1.6... It is still in certification but should be available in some days...

You know multiple people who use XBMC AND Windows Phone?! ;-)
Great Smile

Yeah, a few actually. Windows Phone is really catching on here in Sweden. Everyone at work got one since it's our new corporate standard, quite a few customers and old colleagues got one, my sister recently bought one (Nokia Lumia 800, same as me), and my mother is getting one very soon (also Lumia 800). And more and more friends are really interested in it. While my sister and mother don't use XBMC, many of my friends, colleagues and customers do (I work as a IT consultant).

Maybe worth having a look at the official Plex app for WP, to get some inspiration Smile
http://www.wpcentral.com/official-plex-m...dows-phone

Their devs seem to love working with the platform
http://www.wpcentral.com/developer-offic...evelopment
HTPC Zotac ZBOX HD-ID33BR (Intel Atom D525, NVIDIA NG-ION, 4xBD, etc), 2GB DDR2 RAM, 40GB OCZ Agility2 SSD, Win 8.1, XBMC 13.
SERVER AMD Phenom II X4 910e, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 6xHDDs, Win Srv 2012 R2.
A/V BenQ W1400 DLP FHD/3D projector w 104" motor screen, Samsung 40" LCD FHD TV, Onkyo 7.1 receiver, Infinity Alpha speakers, Supra cables.
[OFF TOPIC]
Plex for WP7 is still in development. I tried out the App but there are to many open issues with it (Plex Media Server 0.9.6).
In my opinion it's currently not an alternative to XBMC when having a WP7. And €4,99 is to high priced for that.

I'll take a look to that App when it is more stable ...
Version 1.6 is out now...

I hope to hear your feedback...

Question:
The left, up, right, down buttons are now repeating, is it a problem that if you swipe to the next pivot, the buttons will be triggered? Before it was not triggered because it was not a completed tap...
Love the new version Big Grin

About the repeating - works good for me, but maybe it should repeat a bit more? I got lots and lots of movies in my library Wink

Just bought the app Smile

A few suggestions...
- After the screen locks the app sometimes have trouble reconnecting with xbmc. I know wi-fi turns off when the screen locks and it takes a while for that to reconnect, but sometimes even after that it takes a while longer (and a few times I got an error).
- Maybe make the remote screen buttons more "metro like" taking the color and text placement from the WP start screen? (but only if it works well, there's a risk the buttons will be harder to read etc).

Keep up the great work!
New version (1.7) has been submitted and should be available at the end of the week.

Changes:
- Fixed remote repeating, now faster
- Improved remote, now with subtitle/audio delay, change audio tracks/subtitles/aspect ratio
- UI improvements: background images, ...
- show cast for series and movies
- movie page: play trailers and show imdb page

@Cthugha
- Metro remote: I will consider using icons instead of text for the remote. This is not that important for me as I think it is already metro and it doesn't add that much value...
- Wireless issue: I tried to implement "run under lockscreen", but WiFi will be turned off anyway. Ill try to improve it in future versions.
The new version 1.10 is out! Remote direction buttons now repeating faster...
Why do allmost all good apps for Windows Phone cost money? Android has millions of good apps for free.
Just updated to latest XBMC 12 alpha 7 and that broke many of the remote commands during video playback (skip forward, backward, menu, etc). Not sure why, it still worked in alpha 6... Tested the official XBMC remote on Android and that one still works.

I would also love to see a restart command somewhere, if possible.
(2012-11-07, 05:18)Cthugha Wrote: Just updated to latest XBMC 12 alpha 7 and that broke many of the remote commands during video playback (skip forward, backward, menu, etc). Not sure why, it still worked in alpha 6... Tested the official XBMC remote on Android and that one still works.

I would also love to see a restart command somewhere, if possible.

Same thing with XBMC 12 beta 1 that was released today.

Fix please?
Hi,

I'm using this on a WP8 and it all seems good but there doesn't seem to be a way to access the context menus (unless I've missed it), will this be implemented on future releases?

Thanks

Deker

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Phone XBMC remote app (for XBMC 12 Frodo and Eden)1