XML File for Window is missing
Im just starting out here, and cant see to figure out how to get my plugin to find the xml file properly. I am using http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn...Changelog/ this as the basis for my test.

This is the error I am receiving:
Code:
20:51:21 T:3644 M:2280607744   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\plugin.test.dialog\default.py", line 55, in ?ui = GUI( "script-XBMC_Changelog-main.xml", os.getcwd(), "Default" )
TypeError: XML File for Window is missing

The code I am using:

Code:
if ( __name__ == "__main__" ):
       ui = GUI( "script-XBMC_Changelog-main.xml", os.getcwd(), "Default" )
       ui.doModal()
       del ui

My directory structure is as follows:

plugin.test.dialog/resources/skins/Default/PAL/script-XBMC_Changelog-main.xml

I have tried changing the directory names to DefaultSkin, Default, and a ton of other things. Maybe Im just not hitting the right one. Ive tried to read the threads on this issue, but there is so much historical data Im not sure whats out of date and whats not.

Any pointers?

Thanks

J
jweber72 Wrote:Im just starting out here, and cant see to figure out how to get my plugin to find the xml file properly. I am using http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn...Changelog/ this as the basis for my test.

This is the error I am receiving:
Code:
20:51:21 T:3644 M:2280607744   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\plugin.test.dialog\default.py", line 55, in ?ui = GUI( "script-XBMC_Changelog-main.xml", os.getcwd(), "Default" )
TypeError: XML File for Window is missing

The code I am using:

Code:
       ui = GUI( "script-XBMC_Changelog-main.xml", os.getcwd(), "Default" )
       ui.doModal()
       del ui

My directory structure is as follows:

plugin.test.dialog/resources/skins/Default/PAL/script-XBMC_Changelog-main.xml

I have tried changing the directory names to DefaultSkin, Default, and a ton of other things. Maybe Im just not hitting the right one. Ive tried to read the threads on this issue, but there is so much historical data Im not sure whats out of date and whats not.

Any pointers?

Thanks

J

Try changing the 'PAL' directory to '720p'

What version of XBMC are you developing for? For developing never addons(Dharma/Eden and beyond) check out this -> http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-gpodder-in...loads/list

Also 'os.getcwd()' is no longer a valid function in Eden. You need to use getAddonInfo('path')

Code:
import xbmcaddon

__addon__         = xbmcaddon.Addon( "plugin.test.dialog" )

ui = GUI( "script-XBMC_Changelog-main.xml", __addon__.getAddonInfo('path'), "Default" )
    ui.doModal()
    del ui
Thanks for the help. When I did the following:

Code:
ui = GUI( "script-XBMC_Changelog-main.xml", __addon__.getAddonInfo('path'), "DefaultSkin" )

with a directory structure of:

Code:
plugin.test.dialog/resources/skins/DefaultSkin/720p

The xml file is found. I had combed over that pdf you linked to, but it doesnt have much for the gui. Its been a struggle to figure out how to do this.

On to figuring out the controls and thanks again.

J

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XML File for Window is missing0