Actor thumbs
Star 
Can u fix actor thumbs in info, so there is no cropping of images. Ratio for them is .66 (300/450), so square for actor thumbs is not good solution.

Also there is a problem with displaying info (I) during playback: as soon as I move mouse info switches back to player controls, which makes it hard to press buttons for plot and actors.

Big Grin
is there really a standard aspect-ratio for actor thumbs?
i thought the could be any dimension so opted for square.

as for the navigation issue, there's little i can do i'm afraid.
the fact the player conrols pop up as soon as you move your mouse is hardcoded in xbmc.
use a keyboard or remote is the default answer in these cases Smile
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Big Grin 
ronie Wrote:is there really a standard aspect-ratio for actor thumbs?
i thought the could be any dimension so opted for square.

You are correct. There is no standard for actor thumbs. Last few weeks i'm reorganizing my TV database so i pulled 300x450 from thetvdb.com rule for actors thumbs.

But the problem still exist. With square thumbs most of the actor thumbs are cropped and missing half of the actors face. Perhaps at least allow 100% height of the thumb or fit whole thumb image in square. (although there is no standard ;p) actor thumbs are usually portrait oriented).
ok, mind posting 1 screenshot of the issue?

i use imdb thumbs myself (not sure if they differ much),
but i can't find any chopped off heads :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
a solution would be to use square aspect still but apply/crop it to the top of the artist image rather than the centre.

However, I have to agree with ronie on this one. I've never suffered chopped off faces. maybe a hair line here and there but you can still recongnise the faces. Still my proposed solution should fix the issue for any square or portrait image. for landscape images, the extra at the sides could still contain half a face but unlikley as most images have the artist centred.

Regards
Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Actor thumbs0