• 5(current)
Skype videoconferencing integration development
Very, very good!!
Skype on my TV with XBMC!!!

Bye!
amazing. really impressed. defaintely looking forward to a release of this!!
Hey amitn, any further progress on this or the legal side of things?
Hello,
As everybody i really hope to see it in action on my XBMCbuntu (or Openelec and other), thank you for your hard work !!
https://imo.im/ did anybody tray to integrate itHuh its web based and hawe skype and others:"
"PS3 3.55 Cobra" "XBOX Softmoded (UnleashX&XBMC)"
"HTPC XBMCLive (NAS 4TB of storage)" "LG 3D TV"
Any updates on this? Sounds promising!
Been looking around for Skype integration, going to install Skype on the XBMCbuntu tonight to see how it goes. Just wondering if you can then add this to the "Advance Launcher" program??
Xbmc with a totaly integreted plug-in will be "in the time" see lot of new TV connected have it!!!
I hope that amitn always wotk on it!

Thank you
(2012-06-18, 04:26)Rushnosh Wrote: Been looking around for Skype integration, going to install Skype on the XBMCbuntu tonight to see how it goes. Just wondering if you can then add this to the "Advance Launcher" program??

Hey its easy to use skype in Advanced Launcher if you install skypetab-ng by ppa Nikita Tsukanov

launchers.xml:

Code:
<name>skype</name>
<application>/usr/bin/skypetab-ng</application>
<args></args
this looks really good! Tongue but i don't think Skype chat would be the top priority, Webcam > Video > Sound and Mic that's the top prize

Google hangout would look awesome aswell especially with up to 9 people now eat that on ya 50" TV!
I agree, this looks like a great effort!

I'm afraid I can't help with deciphering the SkypeKit terms from a legal perspective, but I would like to offer my assistance with alpha and beta testing, as well as troubleshooting bugs and other difficulties.

Sweet,

I absolutely need this ... been already thinking about buying a web cam for my Samsung smartTV, but the TV is not on all the time, my XBMC and the speakers are ...

I travel quite a bit because of my work, and I use skype all the time from my tablet to talk with my wife kids. Currently tho I need to leave my desktop PC on just for the skype. Would be just perfect to have this working from inside XBMC in the living room.

I hope you get the legal issues solved soon.

Hello.

We are working on a commercial htpc box based on openelec, and skype seems to be an important part. While the head of this project probably wouldnt be eager to give full blown xbmc skype back to the community AND competition, me being the sole programmer would make sure the community gets its share. We will be happy to work out the legal issues, are you willing to share the source?
Hello, this project is looking very interesting. Is the development still proceeding? And if not, can you point me in the right direction with regards to the creation of my only, for personal use.

there could still be the option to make xbmc support displaying video from an addon/socket and so separate the clashing codebases.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skype videoconferencing integration development6