• 7(current)
[Linux] kodivc - a program for controlling Kodi with simple voice commands
Currently kodivc uses CMU Sphnix. Does it provide flexibility to use any other search engine? Can we port it to use other search engine. I have a automatic speech recoginition engine and i am thinking if i can use kodivc to test my engine.
Thanks
Thanks for your interest. In its current form, kodivc is completely inflexible and is heavily focused on using CMU Sphinx as the engine. But if your speech recognition engine can produce limited vocabulary as its output, you are welcome to modify the program so that it uses your engine instead of CMU Sphinx. Pull requests are welcome, but unfortunately it is highly unlikely I will be able to work on such a feature personally due to lack of spare time.
Thanks for your prompt reply. How is kodivc source code organised. Is the app code is directly tied up to CMU sphinx source code API to send and receive data to/from ASR engine OR is there any voice recognition abstraction defined which we can port over our ASR engine calls?

If I pull kodivc source code does it have any level of documentation in place which help me understand code flow?
The whole source code is like 1,500 lines (with a lot of vertical whitespace), so the best you can do is see it for yourself (you can start here). This whole thing started out as a hack grown on sample code from the CMU Sphinx codebase and it more or less remained one until today. The source code is pretty heavily commented, but that's about it.
ok.. are there any video tutorial available on how to use and run kodivc?
No video tutorials, sorry, just read the docs.
I see kodi JSON-RPC interface also support interaction with python which i see may be used to implement a native add-on to simulate kodivc .Is there any specific reason why you choose http interface for performing various actions than python interface?
The most compelling one was that I did not know how to write a single line of Python code when I started kodivc Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] kodivc - a program for controlling Kodi with simple voice commands2