Movie library organization
My movie library is stored in multiple folders, Some movies have their own folder but some are single .AVI/MP4 files. The Eden scraper seems to be getting confused and mixing them. Exanple - I have a 'Movie' folder - under that a 'Drama' folder and under that some AVI files and some folders with movie names. Now, it thought 'Drama' is a name of a TV show and totally screwed up the library with all the files/folders under the 'Drama' folder.
Any idea how I can take care of this situation. I'd like to have the same folder structure but XBMC should scrape them correctly.
Cheers!
Kanchan Ray
you have to make sure you are scanning the source recursively so it gets down into the folders and grabs the info with movies, tv shows you are going to want to make sure that you do not have selected folder contains a single tv show.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hmm... Done that. But, still the library is messed up. Example - I have a folder named 'Life is Beautiful' and under that all the DVD rip files (the IFO/BUP/VOB etc.) - in the Movie Library the movie 'Life is beautiful' is listed 10 times - 1 for each file in that folder. This problem continues for all folders under the movie path. I'm running Eden 3. Not sure what I'm doin wrong - any help would be appreciated.
Star 
In videos add source, then pick the path to the 'Drama' folder.. Set this as a movie folder, with scraper choice, scan recursively, use folder names etc.. Keep your movies there.

In videos add source, then pick the path to the 'Drama TV' folder.. Set this as a TV folder, with scraper choice, scan recursively, use folder names etc.. Keep your TV shows there.

mixing TV shows and Movies shows... some in flat file format, some in folders drilling down in directories, is not the best way to organize... you're confusing me.
Sorry for the confusion. There are no TV shows in the library. The movie folder looks like
- Movies
----- Life if Beautiful
----------- VOBs..
----------- IFOs..
----- Firefox
----------- firefox1.avi
----------- firefox2.avi
----- Airport.mp4

The problem is - instead of showing 3 movies in the library - it shows much more - 1 for each IFO/VOB, basically 1 for each file withing the folders too...
Thanks,
Where is the VIDEO_TS folder? What are the _exact_ filename of the .IFO file(s)?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Where is the VIDEO_TS folder? What are the _exact_ filename of the .IFO file(s)?

1) The VOB/IFo/BUP files are the exact same ones what I get after DVD Decrypting a DVD. They are directly under the movie name folder - in this case in the 'Life is Beautiful' folder - I did NOT keep them in the VIDEO_TS folder. Is that the problem?
2) Also, what do I do for movies which I have copied from VCD etc. and they are 2-3 AVI files? The movie 'Firefox' in my case?

Many thanks,
/KR
Star 
You have a lot of formats... XBMC can make sense of it all if properly configured so that each pertains to only the folder in focus.

You can handle multiples with

Name-CD1.ext
Name-CD2.ext
Name-CD3.ext

Stacking will put it all together as one continuous video, or allow the scraping unstacked and rename the individual covers, as extra 1 extra 2 etc.

You could handle your collection with MKmerge and MakeMVK. MKmerge and join CD1 + CD2 drag & drop as a single video (use append) it's fairly quick. MakeMKV will take that pesky VIDEO_TS folder and turn it into a single MKV file quickly. Better still handbrake will rip your disk directly to MKV or Mp4 with compression.
Again, what is the exact filenames of the .VOB/IFO?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:again, what is the exact filenames of the .vob/ifo?

video_ts.bup
video_ts.ifo
vts_01_0.bup
vts_01_0.ifo
vts_01_0.vob
vts_01_1.vob
vts_01_2.vob
vts_01_3.vob
vts_01_4.vob
vts_01_5.vob
Lower case or upper case?

XBMC is expecting VIDEO_TS.IFO (exact case).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie library organization0