Missing "Movies" on main menu
I've just installed xbmc Eden beta 3 and using Aeon Nox on top of that.

I can't seem to find a way to get "Movies" on the main menu, and even after enabling Artwork Downloader and Fanart add-ons I don't see any posters or movie info for the movie files I have got.
guptam Wrote:I've just installed xbmc Eden beta 3 and using Aeon Nox on top of that.

I can't seem to find a way to get "Movies" on the main menu, and even after enabling Artwork Downloader and Fanart add-ons I don't see any posters or movie info for the movie files I have got.

Looks like you haven't got anything in your library.

Follow this quick start guide and you will be fine
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I do have some movies on the hard drive and can play them using the File sub-menu option under Videos main-menu option.

I'll try removing the already added Files source and adding it again to see if it helps.
guptam Wrote:I do have some movies on the hard drive and can play them using the File sub-menu option under Videos main-menu option.

I'll try removing the already added Files source and adding it again to see if it helps.

You need to set content on the video sources.
Sorry just found out that the wiki isn't finished yet.
Cheers Martijn. Your pointer to the wiki proved useful.

I've got the "Movies" menu now, but have got a couple of extra sources (Movies (2) and Movies (3)) all pointing to the same location on the list. Not sure how to get rid of them.

It did get the fanart and the movie info as well.
guptam Wrote:Cheers Martijn. Your pointer to the wiki proved useful.

I've got the "Movies" menu now, but have got a couple of extra sources (Movies (2) and Movies (3)) all pointing to the same location on the list. Not sure how to get rid of them.

It did get the fanart and the movie info as well.

focus the source you want to remove and hit "C" and then remove source.

The same way you can add tvshows and such.

It's possible that not all movies/tvshows will be visible in the library. Most of the time this is to bad naming of the files.
I recommend putting the movies in their own separate folders using the movie name
Thanks again Martijn. I'll try getting rid of the extra sources with the "C".

I already had the TV SHOWS option, it was just the MOVIES I was missing.

Reading the wiki link you posted, I do see what you mean by bad naming of files. It's something I got to sort out.

For one movie specifically I've got 2 .avi files and it shows up on the MOVIES menu twice. I need to fix that as well. May be I'll find something in the wiki regarding naming movies which have 2 parts.

Cheers.
guptam Wrote:Thanks again Martijn. I'll try getting rid of the extra sources with the "C".

I already had the TV SHOWS option, it was just the MOVIES I was missing.

Reading the wiki link you posted, I do see what you mean by bad naming of files. It's something I got to sort out.

For one movie specifically I've got 2 .avi files and it shows up on the MOVIES menu twice. I need to fix that as well. May be I'll find something in the wiki regarding naming movies which have 2 parts.

Cheers.

Movie name-part1.avi
Movie name-part2.avi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing "Movies" on main menu0