WIP Boxee Inspirat
No good for these views though as you'll have to navigate to the left side to reach the button and only the items on that side can have the last focus.

So can't you hold the menu button for context menu?
...or remap spare remote button to it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks for the suggestions... It doesn't work yet, what i tried now.

- Set content has 2 actions, focus back on "list" group & call dialog.
<onclick>SetFocus(50)</onclick> <onclick>ActivateWindow(contentsettings)</onclick>

Doesn't work, but i can see it setting the focus to the list before the content-dialog comes up. When using ActivateWindow(contextmenu) instead, I do get the menu to pop up but with no buttons. Oddly, within my context menu I have a label $INFO[Listitem.Label] which it does show correctly.

Also a dummy label $INFO[Container.FolderName] within the set-content-dialog, does show the current folder.

I will give up on this idea for now. Otherwise its very close to release.
Hitcher Wrote:So can't you hold the menu button for context menu?

I haven't looked into that. The Boxee remote just works as a keyboard using the XMBC's keyboard keymap. The Remote's Select button just sends "Enter".

I am assuming the press and hold you're talking about involves some type of Eventghost, Autokey etc stuff? I used Eventghost with my older MCE type remotes, but I'm really happy just having a plain "keyboard-remote" like Boxee's. Makes life much easier setting up family members etc.
@newbra: Perhaps a "More..." could be added (if it's not already) to the context menu that pops up when you set the default action to "choose" ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

newbra Wrote:I haven't looked into that. The Boxee remote just works as a keyboard using the XBMC's keyboard keymap. The Remote's Select button just sends "Enter".

I am assuming the press and hold you're talking about involves some type of Eventghost, Autokey etc stuff? I used Eventghost with my older MCE type remotes, but I'm really happy just having a plain "keyboard-remote" like Boxee's. Makes life much easier setting up family members etc.

If it has a keyboard then press 'c'.

The ATV remote doesn't use anything fancy.
jmarshall Wrote:@newbra: Perhaps a "More..." could be added (if it's not already) to the context menu that pops up when you set the default action to "choose" ?

It already has a "more" item to bring up the second context page Smile The only problem is that XBMC's default action "choose" doesn't do anything for folders (It would of course hurt daily navigation experience if it did).

This isn't a big problem for me personally, it just means that the initial XBMC setup (adding sources, setting content), cannot be achieved with such a simple remote. Once it has been setup, navigation works great.

...since this Skin is trying to replicate Boxee's somewhat "dumbed-down", select + back buttons experience, it was worth a shot.
What became of this? I just found this whilst looking for Xeebo alternatives (not a fan of the homescreen in that one). Apologies for digging up an old thread.
(2014-01-29, 09:15)SeeK Wrote: What became of this? I just found this whilst looking for Xeebo alternatives (not a fan of the homescreen in that one). Apologies for digging up an old thread.

Check out http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=boxee or https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3687...spirat.zip
(2014-01-29, 16:37)Sranshaft Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 09:15)SeeK Wrote: What became of this? I just found this whilst looking for Xeebo alternatives (not a fan of the homescreen in that one). Apologies for digging up an old thread.

Check out http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=boxee or https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3687...spirat.zip

Hi. Did the updates for this skin get further than Frodo? Doesn´t seem to work with Kodi. Is there any chance for you or newbra to get this working again, as this is the coolest skin ever made Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boxee Inspirat0