Remove/Hide Add-ons-button
Could you please remove the "Files" below Videos and Music on the mainscreen, like you did with "add-on" ??

I have looked at the .xml-file but cant edit it.

Thanks for the help
I've updated IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml on http://swarchive.ratsauce.co.uk/xbmc/ to remove the Files options.

JR
Thanks so much jhsrennie for all the help.
Now i got a simple, nice and clean xbmc.

I use "Confluence skin".
-Turned off the navigation sound.
-Turned off "RSS News Feeds".
-Turned off "Add Source-button in file lists", after first adding my internal hdd as source.
-Hide Programs.
-Hide Weather.
-Hide Weather Info.
-Removed "Files" and "Add-ons" in main-menu that shows under videos and music and "Favourite-icon" left of the power-button.
Replaced the Home.xml and IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml-files in xbmc-addons-skin.confluence-720p,
with the ones jhsrennie edited.
-Removed "Add-ons-button" that shows in music, videos and pictures menu, like this:
Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:
notepad "%APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml"
click OK and when Notepad prompts you to create a new file, answer "Yes".
Now copy and paste the following into Notepad:

<advancedsettings>
<virtualshares>false</virtualshares>
</advancedsettings>

Close Notepad and save the changes.
Now run XBMC and you should find the "Add-ons" link has gone.

Thanks

Cool, I'm glad you have everything looking the way you want. Note that if an update to the Confluence skin is released it will overwrite the changes to the skin files, so you should keep a copy of Home.xml and IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml somewhere safe.
Hi, sounds good, but there is not the IncludesHomeMenuItems.xml file using back-row skin... any idea jhsrennie?

Thanks a lot...
mmmmmmmmmmmm... interesting but i have already disabled an addons....... for example i have disabled addons called "ABCDE".
I have disabled from their addons setting (when it's present setting..upgrade... start.. changelog etc etc) and it's a good solution but now, if it's possibly, how i can directly hiding it's from addons list ?
(2015-12-27, 14:18)DjDiabolik Wrote: mmmmmmmmmmmm... interesting but i have already disabled an addons....... for example i have disabled addons called "ABCDE".
I have disabled from their addons setting (when it's present setting..upgrade... start.. changelog etc etc) and it's a good solution but now, if it's possibly, how i can directly hiding it's from addons list ?

That really has nothing to do with this thread, but to answer your question, you can't. If you want to remove an add-on from every possible list in the Add-on manager, then you have to actually uninstall it.
Sorry for bumping an age old thread, but it was on similar lines, abet with XBMC, as I want to do with Kodi.

I'm building a Kodi HTPC system for a senior couple who aren't too confident with Technology. They love what I have done so far, but I need the main screen to be 'cleaner'. Essentially under the Video heading, I just want to have the 'Files' option in the sub-heading, similarly under Movies, I just want the subheading of 'Title'. Same with TV Shows.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any replies
The easiest way is to switch to a different skin. I use xonfluence (found in the confluence section of this site). Once you're familiar with it (ie played around / explored the options / maybe even read a bit of the thread) you can set up a home page to look as you want very quickly.
Plenty of other skins will let you do the same thing.
(2016-01-03, 20:03)trogggy Wrote: The easiest way is to switch to a different skin. I use xonfluence (found in the confluence section of this site). Once you're familiar with it (ie played around / explored the options / maybe even read a bit of the thread) you can set up a home page to look as you want very quickly.
Plenty of other skins will let you do the same thing.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give some of the skins a play and try and find the one that best fits my needs.

bb69

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove/Hide Add-ons-button0