Win Synopsis Display Delay?
Hey all,
New to XBMC but I'm loving it so far. I've tried all the skins and like Neon best, especially the compact list view for my movies (it has a very high WAF). Anywaste, one thing I've noticed is that, when scrolling through the compact movie list, everything displays very quickly but there's a slight delay before the synopsis shows up. Is there a way to remove that delay, or speed it up?

Another thing that's been bugging me is trying to figure out how to create a playlist containing ONLY movies rated G for my kids. When I create a playlist using the filter, "MPAA Rating 'is' G" the playlist is empty. Anyone have any idea how to create such a playlist?

Thanks for any and all help.
GeekMan
Not sure about the delay although I have noticed it too. Regarding the second issue, it could be that the mpaa field in the .nfo files are blank? Do other mpaa ratings work? If not, then this could be the cause. They don't work for me, and all my <mpaa> tags are blank...

Alternatively, why not use 'Genre is Animation' 'Genre is Family' combined to create the same effect? This works for me...
(2012-05-11, 09:16)thechinmaster Wrote: It could be that the mpaa field in the .nfo files are blank? Do other mpaa ratings work? If not, then this could be the cause.
+1

I created a "Kid" folder and put their movies. Then I created a smart playlist with the rule : " path contains ".
It works for me Big Grin

Hey guys,
Thanks for the help! The MPAA ratings ARE in the .nfo files and the xml file so they SHOULD work, and as long as you don't use "is" they do... kinda. I switched to thechinmaster's method of "genre" instead of MPAA rating, and now everything is working fine.

EXCEPT, now the playlist is autoplaying and I can't figure out how to bring out the list view like my regular movies.

And I also haven't figured out how to remove the synopsis delay yet.

Sigh, it's always something, isn't it?
good to see - let us know if you manage to get rid of the delay . . . it is a bit of a nuisance for me too

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synopsis Display Delay?0