Make Harmony 650 power on/off HTPC
Ive been at it a while but I cant seem to get my Harmony to power on/off my HTPC.

Im using the harmony in conjunction with the HP USB MCE IR Wireless Receiver.

I added it as device "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" and mapped buttons. It works well but I cant get it to power on from cold as even when everything is completely powered off the little red light in the HP USB MCE IR is still blinking so there's still power going to it somehow.

The best I cant do it get it to go to sleep and when it wakes up it goes to a windows screen where I have to click on my username/icon to get back to my xbmc (my htpc does not require a password on startup).

Is there anyway around this?.

Thanks alot

Wally
For a real Power ON/OFF you need a specific IR Recevier that is capable of doing so...
AFAIK the HP can't do this...

Atric's receiver can do this. Here is there homepage:
http://www.atric.de/IR-Einschalter/index.php

This is in German, but maybe there is a reseller in your area.

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Aah, thats a shame. Its the only reason I bought the harmony and the HP USB MCE IR really.

So is putting my pc to sleep and waking it up the closest I can get?

If so so there anyway of booting straight back into xbmc when i wake it, without having to click on my "user"?
wally101 Wrote:If so so there anyway of booting straight back into xbmc when i wake it, without having to click on my "user"?

Change the Windows setting "Demand password when resuming", that's it. You find it somewhere under Energy/power alternatives in the Control Panel (don't know the exact name in English).
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Sweet. Ill try it after work

Thanks
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7771/prev...epstandby/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make Harmony 650 power on/off HTPC0