Very slow channel switching
Hi MetalHepple.

Have looked at the software website, I see a demo version is available - did you try the demo first or plunge straight in with the full paid version
(2013-02-08, 19:23)davor Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 22:53)arielgr Wrote: btw - as of several builds ago I started noticing the first second after channel switching the video shows green and then changes to the actual video.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Can also confirm this (with both ffmpeg and tsreader). It's only on HD channels. Using XBMC 12 and "MediaPortal 1.3.0 beta - TVServerXBMC plugin v1.2.200.120", with 1.3.0 RC as TV Server.

Switching is also slow (sometimes +10 sec), but this I have on channel previews in TVServer also. When I switch channels, I see MSE peaking CPU usage. When I disable MSE, the channel switching in TVServer is noticably faster (2-5 sec), but it is still slow in XBMC. So it seems that MSE is interfering with TVServer, besides the fact that XBMC channel switching is slow?

All this is resolved with putting tvserver.exe in the excluded processes list in MSE. See here for more info.
Tried DVBViewer pro and channel switching is no better, so if MetalHepple can explain how he managed to do this would be great.
Even on my PC, Mediaportal takes maybe 2-3s to change channel. A lot of it comes down to the tuner you're using as I found my Hauppauge Nova-T 500 PCI card was somewhat faster (although still slow compared to a STB) than the K-World USB tuner that I'm using now.

Switching is considerably slower still on the Pi XBMC though, which is obviously not TV Server's fault so hopefully some optimisations can be found there to speed it up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very slow channel switching0