Milk drop ?!
Star 
hello ! sorry for being a total noob but i have read alot on here and cant work out if you can get milkdrop or similar visulation for xbmc ?? if you can where from ?? i have an ftp connection with my xbox so im guessing i can just d/l the visulation and copy it across to the xbmc prog ??
any help is much appreciated
dom
well you could upgrade your compilation... there is a thought huh?

you could just copy the visualizations folder in but i am not sure if the system actively reads the directory to determine what vis. are available. i am pretty sure its worked into the xbe itself which will need you to up the xbe as well as the visualization. if that is the case why not just do the system and get all the new bells and whistles.

where to get it is kind of a blacklisted subject here, just have to search areound as i am sure there is mention of it somewhere.
as harshreality says, it has been mentioned before several times, but in order to increase the signal to noise ratio, let's say it again.

you need 2 things:

1. the milkdrop.vis + any plugins you want for it - just copy these to your xbmc/visualisations folder. they're available from cvs.

2. you need an xbe from may 16th at the earliest. this is because new directx exports were needed to get milkdrop to run (it uses a lot of direct3d). it has nothing to do with whether or not xbmc "detects" visualisations or not - it makes available whatever is in the visualisations folder - whether they work or not.

simple.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Milk drop ?!0