Scraping Issue since Frodo
I have a few episodes where the name of the episode starts with a number. Currently I have all my shows named: (show title).S(season)E(episode number).(episode name).(format)
Examples:
Fringe.S03E14.6B.mkv
Fringe.S03E20.6-02 AM EST.mkv

The scraper is trying to scrape for episode 20.6 and 14.6 when it scans these. Is there a way to make this work without having to redo how I name episodes?

From the log:

21:53:42 T:2340 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match t:\television\fringe\season 3\fringe.s03e14.6b.mkv (s3e14) [[Ss]([0-9]+)[][ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
21:53:42 T:2340 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (T:\Television\Fringe\Season 3\Fringe.S03E14.6B.mkv), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=1034
21:53:42 T:2340 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'T:\Television\Fringe\Season 3\Fringe.S03E14.6B.mkv'
21:53:42 T:2340 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::GetEpisodeList: Searching 'http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/82066/all/en.zip' using The TVDB scraper (file: 'E:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvdb.com', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.4.5')
21:53:42 T:2340 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(127CC148) http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C...all/en.zip
21:53:42 T:2340 INFO: XCURL:Big GrinllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://www.thetvdb.com
21:53:43 T:6320 DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0x874ff88
21:53:46 T:2340 DEBUG: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::OnProcessSeriesFolder - no match for show: 'Fringe', season: 3, episode: 14.6, airdate: '01/01/1601', title: ''
21:53:46 T:2340 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (T:\Television\Fringe\Season 3\Fringe.S03E14.6B.mkv), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=1034
My guess is it's Frodo not your naming.

I updated to Frodo yesterday and wow, I know its in Beta, but seriously, its a wreck.

I use Ember outside of XMBC to scrape prior and it couldn't hardly pull any of that data in at all. Things I would consider to be "normal" naming conventions like fanart.jpg or poster.jpg and it just simply couldn't see them.
I would go back to Eden 11.0 and wait for a bit on Frodo, I'll likely not touch it now for 3 to 6 months. It will all get fixed. Just remember its Beta for a reason.

Finding Eden was fun too, but I found it here

*link removed*
Sorry, no linking to xbmchub due to them violating our community/forum rules. Old versions can be found here, though: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/
(2013-02-13, 05:52)kwasiblind Wrote: My guess is it's Frodo not your naming.
My guess is it's the naming, not Frodo. The scraper is confused by the number in the episode title and is treating these as episode 14.6 and 20.6, as kryke correctly surmised. Use a space as a delimiter between the episode number and title instead of a decimal point:
Fringe.S03E14 6B.mkv
Fringe.S03E20 6-02 AM EST.mkv
Quote:I know its in Beta
Wrong again.
Quote:Finding Eden was fun too
Available right on the XBMC.org site: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/
(2013-02-13, 05:52)kwasiblind Wrote: My guess is it's Frodo not your naming.

I updated to Frodo yesterday and wow, I know its in Beta, but seriously, its a wreck.

I use Ember outside of XMBC to scrape prior and it couldn't hardly pull any of that data in at all. Things I would consider to be "normal" naming conventions like fanart.jpg or poster.jpg and it just simply couldn't see them.
I would go back to Eden 11.0 and wait for a bit on Frodo, I'll likely not touch it now for 3 to 6 months. It will all get fixed. Just remember its Beta for a reason.

Finding Eden was fun too, but I found it here

*link removed*

Frodo is not in beta anymore. Some naming conventions for artwork has been changed and noted in the Frodo FAQ (wiki), and that will not be changing back. However, almost anything that worked in Eden should still work in Frodo. Backwards compatibility is kept wherever reasonable. Known issues can be seen on this page: Frodo issues (wiki). Most of them will be fixed in a future 12.1 bug fix release. However Frodo is stable enough for mass consumption, and over all more stable than Eden was.
(2013-02-13, 04:54)kryke Wrote: I have a few episodes where the name of the episode starts with a number. Currently I have all my shows named: (show title).S(season)E(episode number).(episode name).(format)
Examples:
Fringe.S03E14.6B.mkv

The scraper is trying to scrape for episode 20.6 and 14.6 when it scans these. Is there a way to make this work without having to redo how I name episodes?

With the default naming conventions, XBMC gets confused if you have a period right after the episode number and the episode title when it starts with a number. It might be possible to get past this using custom regex, I'm not sure, but honestly it would be easier to use a space instead of a period.
(2013-02-13, 07:17)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-02-13, 04:54)kryke Wrote: I have a few episodes where the name of the episode starts with a number. Currently I have all my shows named: (show title).S(season)E(episode number).(episode name).(format)
Examples:
Fringe.S03E14.6B.mkv

With the default naming conventions, XBMC gets confused if you have a period right after the episode number and the episode title when it starts with a number. It might be possible to get past this using custom regex, I'm not sure, but honestly it would be easier to use a space instead of a period.

Confirmed, I found the "problem" on Hell's Kitchen. Hell's Kitchen's episodes are all named s01e01.16.Chefs.Compete, and it would scrape like ep 1,2,3, then skip, then scrape 8,10,11 skip and scrape ep 15.

I just went and renamed the physical files not to include the name, so I ended up having s01e01,s01e02, etc.

All is good now
This stuff is on the wiki and has been for a while now. Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Shows_with_seasons (wiki) the Periods part explains this. Wink

I had similar encounter and ended up using a space. Smile

Feel free to mark this thread as solved.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping Issue since Frodo0