DVDFab Media Player - solution for Blu-ray playback
bluray Wrote:Without menus...is there a chapter? XBMC can do all of that too "for free"! Smile

We do appreciate that XBMC is such a great project, even in Blu-ray playerback. We think we can make our contribution to this project and community to make XBMC more perfect, more powerful.
That’s why we want to make it better performance in playing Bluray(iso, folder, disc).
DVDFab-ting Wrote:We do appreciate that XBMC is such a great project, even in Blu-ray playerback. We think we can make our contribution to this project and community to make XBMC more perfect, more powerful.
That’s why we want to make it better performance in playing Bluray(iso, folder, disc).
Don't get me wrong! I'm a fan of DVDFab BD converter. I tested nearly 10 BD converters. DVDFab is the fastest converter on my HTPC.

What I'm trying to point out- if you want to introduce a new BD player in here, would as well make it better than the free XBMC, MPC-HC and VLC. XBMC can playback blu-ray ISO, Index.BDMV, M2TS, MKV, etc as what you suggested. Why do we have to install another player to clog up our system for the same option?

If you want to make your player stand out from the rest, you can include blu-ray menus, chapters, bitstreaming, etc. It'll definitely get our attention for sure. Just a thought! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Just downloaded the rar file.. It only contained addons... So not full source, please provide full source since you are now distrubuting the binaries for xbmc....
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi,

elupus Wrote:Just downloaded the rar file.. It only contained addons... So not full source, please provide full source since you are now distrubuting the binaries for xbmc....

All source is in the package, not only the addons, the sourcecode is in "xbmc_src/xbmc/", I just delete some compiled file to decrease the package size.
the package size is 69,591,884, please check it again.
DVDFab-ting Wrote:hi,

All source is in the package, not only the addons, the sourcecode is in "xbmc_src/xbmc/", I just delete some compiled file to decrease the package size.
the package size is 69,591,884, please check it again.

DVDFab-ting Wrote:hi,

Please download sourcecode it here

Think the rar file is corrupt. Opened it in WinRAR and it sayd it was corrupt and in WinZip it just showed some files with a total of 6Mb
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Think the rar file is corrupt. Opened it in WinRAR and it sayd it was corrupt and in WinZip it just showed some files with a total of 6Mb

I just test it, the rar file is corrupt, sorry for this problem, I will uploading the sourcecode again.
elupus Wrote:Just downloaded the rar file.. It only contained addons... So not full source, please provide full source since you are now distrubuting the binaries for xbmc....

please retry it, download it here.

thanks.
This is interesting... What is it that your player does that XBMC doesn't do?
crowfax Wrote:This is interesting... What is it that your player does that XBMC doesn't do?

There are some improvements in DVDFab Media Player, compare to XBMC actually.
1. Blu-ray disc playback.
2. Play different playlist.
3. To choose main movie more accurately, the logic of XBMC is to choose the longest playlist which may lead to mistake when playing some Blu-rays.
4. Better support to Blu-ray subtitles, fixed some bugs like in Avatar.

you can download and try it here.
If this could support menu's this maybe a game changer.

Number 3 is a big upgrade, one of the things I argued for here with one of the developers.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115740&page=2
Some menu's (HDMV not bdplus) will be supported in xbmc after Eden is out + the playlist handling too. It's been on my github branch for a month or two Smile. Hope you guys merged that instead of developed something new.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

elupus Wrote:Some menu's (HDMV not bdplus) will be supported in xbmc after Eden is out + the playlist handling too. It's been on my github branch for a month or two Smile. Hope you guys merged that instead of developed something new.
If XBMC can include the options in the screen shots below, it will be the best media player in the world....

Not sure what you mean. We already support aspect ratio subtitles selection.... We don't have any right click menu at the moment, mainly cause mouse is not the normal interaction method.

But this getting of topic of the DVBFab fork.

elupus Wrote:Not sure what you mean. We already support aspect ratio subtitles selection.... We don't have any right click menu at the moment, mainly cause mouse is not the normal interaction method.

But this getting of topic of the DVBFab fork.
I mainly tried to point out blu-ray disc menus and chapter in the screen shots. These are two major options in the mind of most users.......
elupus Wrote:Some menu's (HDMV not bdplus) will be supported in xbmc after Eden is out + the playlist handling too.
So what you're saying is, the DVDfab "product" basically has the same features as Eden, they're just charging for it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVDFab Media Player - solution for Blu-ray playback0