DVDFab Media Player - solution for Blu-ray playback
(2012-02-29, 02:59)crowfax Wrote:
elupus Wrote:Some menu's (HDMV not bdplus) will be supported in xbmc after Eden is out + the playlist handling too.
So what you're saying is, the DVDfab "product" basically has the same features as Eden, they're just charging for it?

It's free until you play a disc. You can play rips forever if you like.
How much is this product going to cost? I'm having problems trying to find out on your website.
(2012-05-10, 12:35)prawnee Wrote: How much is this product going to cost? I'm having problems trying to find out on your website.

Might be better to email them directly. The player is pretty smooth. Just wish they could do BR Menus.
(2012-02-27, 07:36)DVDFab-ting Wrote:
elupus Wrote:Just downloaded the rar file.. It only contained addons... So not full source, please provide full source since you are now distrubuting the binaries for xbmc....

please retry it, download it here.

thanks.

Hi, your project is interesting.
I got a problem with the code you provided.
Compared to the DVDFab Media Player from your site, the version I built from the code file can not recognize my BD drivers. There is only an Open File icon displayed on the program.
According to the running log, the problem might be it can not open fabstreamer.exe.

Here is the error message:
Code:
XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 7
CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
unable to get result xml
FileCurl::Open(041EF708) http://localhost:9528/hs/player.action/param?action=getDiscEvents
unable to get result xml
FileCurl::Open(041EF708) http://localhost:9528/hs/player.action/param?action=getDiscEvents
unable to get result xml

Do you have any updated code files for this problem?
(2012-02-29, 02:59)crowfax Wrote:
elupus Wrote:Some menu's (HDMV not bdplus) will be supported in xbmc after Eden is out + the playlist handling too.
So what you're saying is, the DVDfab "product" basically has the same features as Eden, they're just charging for it?

They always do that. Take free programs(Open source projects), put their name, change 1 or 2 things and charge for it.

@DVDfab guys - I'd like to request the most recent source code from the november version of your player. The one provided on your website ( http://www.dvdfab.de/opensource.htm ) is a bit out of date. Given the fact that you claim it plays HD audio it has to use AudioEngine - provided source code does not and is still based on XBMC 11 EDEN it seems.

Also the shipped license.txt file of the media player doesn't mention XBMC in any way in it's open source section.
Have DVDFab posted the source code for their player anywhere? I've tried it and its menu support is far superior to XBMC current support, it seems to play some Java menus that XBMC doesn't attempt and HDMV is a lot better too, I was just wondering if DVDFab is going to release the source since they originally based it off of XBMC?
well they technically have to.. so if the source on their page is out of date, let them know.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

they seem to be running bluray out of process. so we get little use for it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Out of process?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Did anything ever come from the request to get their sourcecode?
Not sure. While it's good to make sure they comply with the GPL, I doubt we'll realistically get anything back that XBMC can use. Put simply, they're basically using an external player that appears internal to do the bluray playback. That code for bluray is in its own little world, so it doesn't have to be released under the GPL requirements.
@crowfax - no response to my latest request

@NedScott
right - they for sure use external closed source libs to do the decryption stuff - still the other changes could be interesting. But good news are that elupus added initial support for BD-J menus - so if you run XBMC on linux and happen to have a nightly libbluray running you should have support for BD-J menus now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVDFab Media Player - solution for Blu-ray playback0