XBMC and Samsung SmartTv??????
Hello guys and gals
I am wondering if Xbmc can work like a server so it can work in smart tvConfusedHuh Has anyone tried itHuh
Like Plex
P
With XBMC you should be able to serve the media libraries contents via UPnP, then watch it on your TV. There's no such server like plex has.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
How can i do itHuh I have a NAS. So how can i do it via UPnPHuh (sorry if i seem stupid hehe)
Once the media is scanned to the XBMC libraries you just need to enable the UPnP sharing in system settings -> network.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It would work but why would you want to?? The SMART TV stuff is pretty woeful compared the the XBMC experience..
Samsung TV's use DLNA via PC share manager or Allshare not UPNP
DLNA == UPnP.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I can't get it working. My Samsung tv found the XBMC Server but if i click on My Videos there no video in the list or i get an error message Sad

Samsung UE40D5700

(OSX Eden RC2 btw.. wrong forum, but i didn't want to start a new thread..)
Buy a small computer or an Apple TV 2 (or wait for a jailbreak for Apple TV 3) and install XBMC on that. No happiness will be found on the path you currently seek. Only pain and suffering.
(2012-03-14, 21:46)lenn1 Wrote: I can't get it working. My Samsung tv found the XBMC Server but if i click on My Videos there no video in the list or i get an error message Sad

Samsung UE40D5700

They have to be of a type that the Samsung can play back.
(2012-03-14, 22:27)KraziJoe Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 21:46)lenn1 Wrote: I can't get it working. My Samsung tv found the XBMC Server but if i click on My Videos there no video in the list or i get an error message Sad

Samsung UE40D5700

That doesn't help Smile
At least my Samsung PS59D7000 can play almost anything through upnp if I use a different software than xbmc.

So from my experience Samsung TVs are not compatible with XMBC through upnp.
Probably some incompatibility with XBMC's library headers which samsungs doesn't undestand..
(2012-03-21, 16:42)Pseraphim Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 22:27)KraziJoe Wrote:

Samsung UE40D5700

That doesn't help Smile
At least my Samsung PS59D7000 can play almost anything through upnp if I use a different software than xbmc.

So from my experience Samsung TVs are not compatible with XMBC through upnp.
Probably some incompatibility with XBMC's library headers which samsungs doesn't undestand..

Sure it does. If you read the Samsung Manual it tells you what files it is able to play back.
Here's what I've found so far on my new Samsung ES7000 Smart TV.

All tests carried out with the same MKV files (multiple BD rips, all h264 encoded with AC3 sound).

- ATV2 connected via HDMI to TV, LAN to NAS for files - all play flawlessly (obviously! Smile )
- USB disk connected directly into TV - plays fine.
- TV can see XBMC on the ATV as a DLNA source - file type not supported it says
- TV can see XBMC on PC as a DLNA source - file type not supported
- Installed Samsung Allshare on PC - file plays flawlessly

Obviously I can still play everything via ATV2/HDMI connection all fine, but have emailed Samsung support re the DLNA issues just as a query.

The fact the TV can play it via their own software and direct from USB but not via DLNA, has to be an issue on their software.
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
If you have a NAS or the likes, try googling "Plex Laika"
You can install this on compatible Samsung Smart TV's & have a pretty similar XBMC experience (although nothing beats the real thing!).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Samsung SmartTv??????0