mysql working, can't find media
hey guys,

finally migrated my mediacenter's xbmc setup over to mysql last night. a quick rundown of what i did:

- exported video library
- modified video library xml so that all local references (ie M:\Movies\) changed to shares (ie SMB://mediacenter/Movies/)
- modified xml as above for TV shows and changed all \ to / as per wiki page
- installed mysql, setup database and xbmc user, added mysql details to advancedsettings.xml
- reimported library and confirmed that all media was pointed to shares (SMB://etc/etc...) and everything played
- checked sql database to ensure that xbmc was writing to it (which it was).

i've installed xbmc from cydia on my ipad and transferred the same advancedsettings.xml to the userprofile folder. the library works, as in i can see all my tv shows and movies.

whenever i click on any video, i get an error along the lines of "media no longer exists, remove from library?"

first thought i had was SMB credentials, so i added a source and put in my mediacenters username/password and can browse the files through the videos section. but unfortunately - when attempting to play anything from the library - it can't seem to find the media.

am i missing something simple here?
It sounds like you did everything correctly. Can you get us a debug log (see iOS XBMC.log (wiki)) from your iPad when it attempts to play a video?
Shouldn't the credentials go to the passwords.xml or what its called? The sources are not used when starting a movie from the db (cause the pathes are in the db without credentials of course).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
thanks for the input guys..

from the log, below are a couple of lines which tells me it has something to do with credentials.

20:18:14 T:804130816 ERROR: InputStream: Error opening, smb://mediacenter/TVShows/Parks and Recreation/S04E16 - Sweet Sixteen.avi
20:18:14 T:128393216 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://mediacenter/TVShows/Parks%20and%20Recreation'unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

had a look into passwords.xml which has this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://MEDIACENTER/</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://media:media@MEDIACENTER/</to>
</path>
</passwords>

ah! i found that if i disable password protected sharing on the mediacenter, the media plays on the ipad. i'd prefer to keep password protected on though.. how do i get around this?
Add the source to the passwords.xml (case sensitive) - thats my guess...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mysql working, can't find media0