How to add a shortcut of Advanced Launcher to home menu
Hi,

I am new here and new to XBMC so please go easy on me.Big Grin

I am trying to use 7mc for live tv and to help me do that, I am using the Advanced launcher to launch 7mc from inside XBMC.

Is there a way to add a button (shortcut) that I could name "Live TV" on the XBMC home menu so that I can just click that to launch 7mc?

Right now I have to go through the programs>advanced launcher>"Live TV" to be able to launch 7mc.

If you guys know an easier way to intergrate 7mc live tv to XBMC please let me know.

I have the Dharma 10.1 and Aeon MQ3 skin
I also have the Hauppauge 2250 dual tv tuner card and MCE remote.

Thanks!
I'm looking for the exact same information. If i could add Advanced launcher or BBC iPlayer to the home screen my life would be vastly improved.

It seems like it's possible to write a script that would open the desired program but I have no idea how to go about doing that either.
To add an Advanced Launcher shortcut to the XBMC home menu, you just have to add one of the launcher or the items as XBMC favorite. Then add this favorite to a custom entry of the menu (but the skin you are using must support this option).

1. Add Advanced Launcher to Favorites
  2. Go into "Settings" / "Skin" / "Shortcuts/Backdrops"
  3. Select "Favorite #", then "Add Favorite" and select "Advanced Launcher"
  4. Activate
No? Huh
Ah thanks Angelscry, that worked perfectly, for those using the Aeon skin you have to switch to Pro mode to be able to do this, it's in the Skin options.

Now to figure out why I can't see my hard drives on Advanced Launcher :S
IncredibleBul92 Wrote:Ah thanks Angelscry, that worked perfectly, for those using the Aeon skin you have to switch to Pro mode to be able to do this, it's in the Skin options.

Now to figure out why I can't see my hard drives on Advanced Launcher :S
As mentioned into the Advanced Launcher user guide, you need first to add your hard drives as sources before be able to access them (same than for videos, music, etc...).
Hi

I'm unable to see the option to set Advanced Launcher as a favourite.

I've tried everything but alas nothing.

I'm using Aeon MQ2, Dharma.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wiggo
To access XBMC context menu press "C" key and select "Add to Favorites" option :

This works with Advanced Launcher, each launcher or each item. It is not depend of the skin you are using.
(2012-03-14, 20:31)Angelscry Wrote: To access XBMC context menu press "C" key and select "Add to Favorites" option :

This works with Advanced Launcher, each launcher or each item. It is not depend of the skin you are using.

Thanks for the quick response.

I should of pointed out that I am unable to operate Advance Launcher at all. It is listed as enable in the add-on section, but I can't find it either in the 'Games' section, or anywhere else.

Thanks again.

Wiggo
(2012-03-14, 20:35)wiggo Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 20:31)Angelscry Wrote: To access XBMC context menu press "C" key and select "Add to Favorites" option :

I should of pointed out that I am unable to operate Advance Launcher at all. It is listed as enable in the add-on section, but I can't find it either in the 'Games' section, or anywhere else.

Thanks again.

Wiggo
Advanced launcher is an application launcher (not only dedicated for games) and it is a Program Addons, so you will found it into XBMC menu : System / Add-ons / Activated Add-on / Program Addon.

(2012-03-14, 20:39)Angelscry Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 20:35)wiggo Wrote:

Thanks again.

Wiggo
Advanced launcher is an application launcher and you will found it into XBMC menu : System / Add-ons / Activated Add-on / Program Addon.

Success.

I had to add 'Programs' to the Main Menu under the Skin Settings.

Thanks very much for your help.

Wiggo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add a shortcut of Advanced Launcher to home menu0