H264 problems with DXVA
I have a video file that is encoded, according to vlc:

Codec: h264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1)
Res: 720x406

When i try and play it in XBMC latest beta with dxva on i get severe pixel errors, making it unwatchable.
playing the same file with dxva off gives no problem at all.
vlc also plays it with no problems.
here is a screenshot of the pixelation with the codec info provided by xbmc:
Any ideas?
Some Intel GPUs are known to have issues with DXVA - what is your graphics hardware? You may have to disable DXVA.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I have an amd e350 which plays real nice with all other hw accelerated formats.
Wouldn't like to disable it because it comes in real handy with HD content.
pseudoheld Wrote:I have an amd e350 which plays real nice with all other hw accelerated formats.
Wouldn't like to disable it because it comes in real handy with HD content.

I understand there have been recent driver updates for that - worth searching for if you're not up to date already. I believe they're about 3 weeks old.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
thanks mate! it worked! it was a bummer to find the driver on ati site but once i found the right one and installed it all is running well!
thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H264 problems with DXVA0