24p Have I been doing this wrong all along?
Hi

I am running XBmcFreak Eden beta 3. I have always noticed 24p content juddering every now and then and also audio sync problems very slightly with every itteration of XBMC I've used. I am hooked up to a Panasonic 1920x1080 plasma and use analog audio. Previously I had just selected "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and put up with the slight imperfections I noticed. Also framerate gets reported as 23.95 or 23.98, switching between the two constantly.

But now after reading through some posts I noticed someone saying

enable "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display" with drop/dupe audio as method.

SO i did this and now it seems perfect. Question is should I have had these settings all along? Oh btw framerate still gets reported as 23.95-23.98.
Sync playback to display enables smooth video and is the preferred option. The framerate on the codec screen is a measured value and can vary slightly. Don't worry, the actual framerate does not.
Thanks for the info, love having perfectly smooth playback now, after years of being a doofus.Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
24p Have I been doing this wrong all along?0