Questions/Issues with Thumbnails
All of my content is stored on an Amahi server. I am using MySQL to share my library across the gear in my sig and keep everything in sync. All boxes are using some version of a b3 build and thus using video60.db. I also have a folder on the server that all instances point to for thumbs in advancedsettings.xml. I am using the Aeon Nox skin.

I am having two issues:
- When a new movie or TV show is added, until I have either watched it or displayed the info page, the thumb is not displayed in the "Recently Added" widget on the home screen. It also does not show a thumb (and sometimes not even fanart) in library mode until I have done the same.
http://ScrnSht.com/kzggvi
http://ScrnSht.com/cqhwhn
In the above example, it is a VIDEO_TS folder but the same thing happens on MKVs and the like. (This just happened to be the last thing added to the library.)

- If I change a thumb on one box, it does not change on the other. Ex: If I change the thumb for a movie because the default is in a foreign language one of my ATVs, the original default foreign language thumb is still displayed on the other two as well as the HTPC.

If a log would be helpful, I'll be happy to post but I see nothing there. If anything else would be helpful, please let me know and I will be happy to post.

Thanks in advance!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
This is because you haven't shared the thumbnail folder. It's not recommended that this is done, however.

Following Eden, the video thumbnails will be moving to the texture cache, thus you won't have these issues any longer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions/Issues with Thumbnails0