Awesome mock-up
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to share with you a mockup that i have seen and think it could be a great skin for xbmc.

It's have be done by Sputnik8 from The Verge forums:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/24/282289...ui-concept

What do you think?
It would be nice to see how that theme can be implemented in xbmc.

Right now, I'm really liking Tree Jammer's lightbox
Wink 
Nice Smile make it append please!

Thanks
Looks great. Someone needs to contact that guy asap and have him do more mockups for all other views one would need for a full xbmc skin.

Doing some detective work but on the first screenshot the Skype screen has "Phyek" as the user.

The same name is used for the forum member who mocked up the concept for this skin below.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46946

coincidence? Wink
Very nice mockups and yes, that's Phyek who made the "new skin concept".
Here's what I have so far in XBMC:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1373/xbmcscreen.jpg

As of right now, the top menu is comprised of labels inside a grouplist...this is the only way I know of to get equal spacing between labels. ...And because of this, the layout has to use some "parlor tricks" with hidden controls off-screen, and then have the grouplist's labels change visibility (to mimic focus/unfocus states) when the focus actually changes amongst the hidden controls. Nothing too terribly exciting here.

Unsure if I want to continue pursuing this -- I do think the menu bar should probably be flush with the top as opposed to being within a floating "dialog box". Makes more sense too...would be awkward to have the 100px margin background come back when you're using the OSD.
Impressive mockups.

Edit: Wouldn't it be better to ask Phyek if he plans to create a skin based on his mockups? Either way, it looks great Smile
rhapzody Wrote:Unsure if I want to continue pursuing this -- I do think the menu bar should probably be flush with the top as opposed to being within a floating "dialog box". Makes more sense too...would be awkward to have the 100px margin background come back when you're using the OSD.

I think you might have misunderstood the concept picture, there was no margin. Smile
sialivi Wrote:I think you might have misunderstood the concept picture, there was no margin. Smile

Actually, I'm well aware his concept had a "desktop" -- it's just the fact that my current mockup has that "desktop" as a "margin" in XBMC. Doesn't make much sense and takes up a decent amount of screen real estate.
nooryani84 Wrote:Impressive mockups.

Edit: Wouldn't it be better to ask Phyek if he plans to create a skin based on his mockups? Either way, it looks great Smile
Not really.
Let's just say, Phyek left the XBMC community quite angry.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
Maxoo Wrote:Not really.
Let's just say, Phyek left the XBMC community quite angry.

Ah, OK then Smile
It's good to konw it Smile
rhapzody Wrote:Actually, I'm well aware his concept had a "desktop" -- it's just the fact that my current mockup has that "desktop" as a "margin" in XBMC. Doesn't make much sense and takes up a decent amount of screen real estate.

Personally, I think the margin looks awesome. Your simple mockup is easily one of the best XBMC skins I've seen already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Awesome mock-up0