Any way to force XBMC to do a refresh on all movies?
In XBMC when I change a movie poster externally I can tell XBMC to "refresh" the movie and it will load the new image. Is there a way to tell it (or make it) to refresh every movie?
Star 
Not sure what your intended purpose is.. usually a clean up will facilitate. Do you want to re-scan your whole library, are you looking for better covers? When you manually change the folder/cover image you can refresh them in 'information' area of the movie in focus as noted... refreshing for all, would just get what you have already, you would need alternate images selected by hand.
A clean up does not refresh the images I've already tried that. As for the purpose, if I change say 60 images in an effort to make my library look better, I do not want to have to manually select refresh 60 times. I want a way to just refresh the whole library then walk away and let it do its thing.
Star 
Sixty folders doesn't sound impossible.. given 30 seconds each, a half hour for a clean up sounds quicker than the time I spend on the forums telling other how to do it. Just change your root folder scraper settings (change content) from The movieDB to IMdb and back will give you a choice requester to select a complete scan or not, if it finds the correct data in each media folder it will use that... if not an internet scrape will ensue.

Alternately you could just delete C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video and force a rescan (changing scrapers on a folder,) if the data is in the folders... it will use that instead of going to the internet, but if there is something it needs, then it will be an internet scrape.
I'm not sure why a refresh is needed in Eden to display the correct number of audio channels for a given movie or television show, but almost every single movie and tv show that was scanned in over a year ago show "2.0" as the number of audio channels when most of them actually have 5.1 soundtracks available. A refresh for a given file corrects the information to 5.1, but what does the file's available audio channels have to do with looking up movie or artwork information? Refreshing them all could be a PITA if a database delete takes out all the name corrections I had to do with incorrect scraper guessing, but it'd be nice to know if a given movie or tv show has an available 5.1 soundtrack at a glance or not.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
What does number of audio channels have to do with this topic?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid989266

JR
(2012-03-14, 12:46)jhsrennie Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid989266

JR
Baffles me that this functionality still requires such a 'hack'. What happened to me was that OpenELEC was fiddling with my NFS share for the Thumbnails folder (I share it between 2 XBMC's) and I happened to press "rm -rf *" on the just-mounted-share when I thought I was removing the locally scanned content. Noting the mistake I ctrl-C'd it and was left with a library of which about half the movies and series didn't have fanart or thumbnails anymore. The hack you link appears to be fixing it right now, but I don't think a 'update fanart for entire folder or source' option would be handy: with 52 full series of up to 18 seasons on my NAS I wasn't looking forward to fixing it by hand Wink
It's not really a "hack" since a refresh for the whole library is virtually identical to reloading the data for the whole library, as far as XBMC is concerned. The actions could probably be scripted or set up in such a way that it's triggered by a "refresh library" button, but it would be technically doing the same thing.

However, in the upcoming XBMC v12 it is now possible to refresh all the images (covers, thumbs, fanart, etc) without having to reload the library.
(2012-10-25, 08:27)Ned Scott Wrote: However, in the upcoming XBMC v12 it is now possible to refresh all the images (covers, thumbs, fanart, etc) without having to reload the library.

Is this available in the monthly builds yet? I've updated all of my fanart and covers and I'd like to populate XBMC with them without messing up Recently Added list.
(2012-11-02, 20:34)bisk Wrote:
(2012-10-25, 08:27)Ned Scott Wrote: However, in the upcoming XBMC v12 it is now possible to refresh all the images (covers, thumbs, fanart, etc) without having to reload the library.

Is this available in the monthly builds yet? I've updated all of my fanart and covers and I'd like to populate XBMC with them without messing up Recently Added list.

Yes. Just delete the texture db files from userdata (wiki)/Databases/ and that will trigger XBMC to redownload images, first looking for local images. The video database itself will not refresh, so your dates added won't be touched.
Quote:that will trigger XBMC to redownload images, first looking for local

To be specific, that will trigger XBMC to cache images based on whatever urls are in the art table of the video and music databases. It doesn't look for new art on the local filesystem, only uses what is already in the database.

There's 2 scenarios:

1. User previously scraped without local art present, so XBMC used art from the scrapers. Thus, the art table will be full of URLs to the online images.
2. User previously scraped with local art present, so XBMC used that local art. Thus the art table will be full of URLs to the local images.

Deletion of the textures database will "fix" number 2, but will only achieve hammering the online providers with number 1 (redownloading the same art).

Frodo will auto-detect case 2 anyway as you browse the images. It takes 2 goes with at least a 24 hour period involved before you'll see the changes reflected, however. Thus, removing textures.db should never be required, except for the impatient.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ah, duly noted!
(2012-10-25, 08:27)Ned Scott Wrote: It's not really a "hack" since a refresh for the whole library is virtually identical to reloading the data for the whole library, as far as XBMC is concerned. The actions could probably be scripted or set up in such a way that it's triggered by a "refresh library" button, but it would be technically doing the same thing.

However, in the upcoming XBMC v12 it is now possible to refresh all the images (covers, thumbs, fanart, etc) without having to reload the library.

I've just upgraded to v12 where is the option to update all fan art?
I'm using Frodo and have tried both the tmdb and Universal Scraper but the cast art work doesn't show. The only way to get the cast (actors) art work is by refreshing each item individually. I have tried removing and adding source but the same every time. Any one else with this issue? I am running xbmc with shared mysql database. A method to refresh all movies would definitely help.

I guess the question is.. what is different between a single refresh and re-scanning all items (or even single item) by deletion first? in my case only a refresh pulls all the images but this is not practical on large database. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to force XBMC to do a refresh on all movies?0