Any way to force XBMC to do a refresh on all movies?
(2013-03-14, 11:46)skeeney Wrote: I'm using Frodo and have tried both the tmdb and Universal Scraper but the cast art work doesn't show. The only way to get the cast (actors) art work is by refreshing each item individually. I have tried removing and adding source but the same every time. Any one else with this issue? I am running xbmc with shared mysql database. A method to refresh all movies would definitely help.

I guess the question is.. what is different between a single refresh and re-scanning all items (or even single item) by deletion first? in my case only a refresh pulls all the images but this is not practical on large database. Thanks
Same problem here, the only way I could get around the problem was to remove the sources and then detele the mysql databases, not ideal :-(
if all you want is an image refresh I just found a solution. Realize im a bit late of a replier on this but I'll post anyway as I couldn't easily find the answer either.

All my thumbnails/images were of low quality from a media scraper I had previously used.

1) Open Media Folder (Ideally sorted into their own folders)
2) Windows 7, Top righthand corner of screen in search box type *.jpg
3) select all images and press delete
4) open XBMC and do a rescan and it should grab Everything that is an image and update to highest quality.

Hope I helped you out some.
If you want to forcibly re-cache items in the texture cache, then a less sledgehammer approach than deleting the entire Textures13.db is to use the Texture Cache Maintenance utility.

The utility can forcibly re-cache individual movies, movie sets, tvshows, artists, albums or songs, or even entire media classes (eg. all movies). It will also pre-load any artwork that remains uncached, saving you from wading through the GUI while XBMC slowly caches artwork one item at a time (this is particularly handy when using a shared MySQL media library and bringing a new client online, or keeping the texture caches of multiple clients up to date).

Forcing items to be re-cached is often necessary when the texture cache is stale or otherwise out of sync with the media library - for instance, you update poster.jpg for a movie with a new and improved image, but the texture cache obstinately refuses to acknowledge the updated artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I imported my video library and for some reason the art was not showing and the entries for the actual location were missing. To fix this I had to add the locations first EG. Tv and Movies. To fix the artwork issue I just went to plugins location and ran artwork downloader and it found all missing artwork and updated ones that I already had.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to force XBMC to do a refresh on all movies?0