Turn off automatic addon updates?
For the second time, xbmc has gotten completely messed up after updating the skin (Metropolis). But this time it wasn't just the skin settings that are screwed up. Now my movie library is hosed. The skin update happened while watching a movie and caused the movie to lock up.

Now instead of showing the titles of the movies they are listed as 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc. Also, setting view types are not saved now, they reset to the default views once you leave a menu.

I even removed the library and recreated it. The last time xbmc messed up was also when it was updating the skin, but that only caused the skin graphics to go black and only show the text. A restart of xbmc fixed it.

This time my whole xbmc setup is out of whack. Had to delete guisettings to get things back to working. These automatic updates are a pain in the ass.

Is there any way to stop xbmc from automatically updating addons? Maybe in advancedsettings?
Star 
In the first (top level) screen of add-ons there should be a toggle to turn off auto-updates as well as a notify switch. Look for the slide out menu on the left.
Ahh...Found it.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off automatic addon updates?0