Buffering problems ATV2 with beta3 - lots of info inside
Hi there.
I noticed something new about the buffering problem I have with wired 1gbit connection (with wireless no buffering): I changed the power saving setting in xbmc to never turn off/close xbmc. So i left xbmc running for a few hours without doing anything with it. After idling for a few hours i watched a tv series (200mb file - SD) and it kept buffering all 5-10 seconds. So all I did was quitting xbmc to the atv2 menu and started xbmc again without restarting the whole device and et voila - no buffering problems at all anymore with wired connection.
That means that xbmc is having buffering problems after a long time idling?! Would be nice if a dev would comment on this!
Btw i already have siwtched to optical/coxial. Also I'm on iOS 4.4.4 and Eden Final.
(2012-03-25, 21:21)Benxter Wrote: Hi there.
I noticed something new about the buffering problem I have with wired 1gbit connection (with wireless no buffering): I changed the power saving setting in xbmc to never turn off/close xbmc. So i left xbmc running for a few hours without doing anything with it. After idling for a few hours i watched a tv series (200mb file - SD) and it kept buffering all 5-10 seconds. So all I did was quitting xbmc to the atv2 menu and started xbmc again without restarting the whole device and et voila - no buffering problems at all anymore with wired connection.
That means that xbmc is having buffering problems after a long time idling?! Would be nice if a dev would comment on this!
Btw i already have siwtched to optical/coxial. Also I'm on iOS 4.4.4 and Eden Final.

Out of curiosity did you try my fix? I also had no buffering over wireless yet near-constant buffering over Ethernet. I'm still running weeks later without a single hiccup with my workaround (as in, worked around my router).
yes i tried that but with no success. My router isn't the problem.
I have the same problem as Mister Negative - The same files that buffers through ethernet plays fine when connected to the wi-fi. When tested I only have a two computers with gigabith ethernet cards and a sonos bridge connected through ethernet (as well as the apple tv2). As long as I go back to the wi-fi the same exact files works fine. Checked my router and it does not have any qos settings except for the wifi, and I don't think this kind of traffic will be checked by the router anyways, but will simply be switched from my PC/server to the apple tv2?
Did anyone find solution for the router issue?

My media server sits in the basement and I have atv2 on 2nd floor. There is E4200 with DD-WRT running as router and E4200 with DD-WRT running as repeater next to the atv2. I having same issue, less buffering with WiFi and constant buffering with wired connection. QoS is disabled in both E4200.

Thanks
Do you have a way to verify that the ATV2 is correctly negotiating the duplex on your switch port? If the ATV2 negotiated 100/Half this could cause issues with streaming.
I found the issue but still don't have a fix..

If connected router in the basement directly I have no problem, but if I connect to the repeater it buffers...I replaced e4200 repeater with switch no issues....

I am still looking for solution to use e4200 as a router and 2nd e4200 as a repeater....

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering problems ATV2 with beta3 - lots of info inside0