• 6(current)
This thread is for forum update discussion
(2012-03-15, 13:22)da-anda Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 15:43)wsume99 Wrote: After conversion some of the url links in my signature were not being displayed correctly (there was an extra space in the text between the = sign and the site address) so I tried to change them but I'm getting an error that indicates the max character length is 255. That is pretty short especially if you are using links in your signature. I believe the previous limit was 1000. Can we have the limit restored to 1000?
BBCode should not be counted in for the length check - so it should be enough. There might have been a issue with this when you tried it - so please try again.

Thanks for the reply. I tried it again this morning and I received the following error message
Quote:You cannot update your signature because it is too long. The maximum length for signatures is 300 characters. Please remove 263 characters and try again.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
I just fixed your sig - maybe the parser had issues with the broken bb-code when counting. Please try again now.
(2012-03-16, 15:32)da-anda Wrote: I just fixed your sig
Now that's service. Thanks.

The bad news is that I tried to add the word hello to the end of my sig and got the following response ...

Quote:You cannot update your signature because it is too long. The maximum length for signatures is 300 characters. Please remove 268 characters and try again.

HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
I'm noticing a few things with notifications.
  1. I am still receiving notification e-mails for threads that have new posts as appropriate, even though I haven't replied to those threads since the update. This behavior is correct. I only mention this because...
  2. Threads that were started after the update, which I have posted responses to, are not providing me with notification e-mails. I only see notification e-mails for old posts that are being updated, not new posts.
  3. The format of the notification e-mails sucks. Two things, the whole post isn't shown, and the other problem is that for some reason these new e-mails are collapsed in gmail, and I have to expand them to get to the link. The old e-mails had the link at the top and bottom, so no expanding in gmail was necessary to find the link to the post.
@2) how do you subscribe to those threads? Have you subscribe to the forum or did you have auto-subscribe enabled? If the later, please check if the setting has been correctly imported to the new forum - I gave my best though.

@3) unfortunately the email format is kinda hardcoded - but you should see the full message of most posts because the cropping limit is currently set to 1000 characters (unfortunately can't disable cropping completely and the "click to read full post" is always shown, regardless if cropped or not).
(2012-03-17, 19:27)da-anda Wrote: @2) how do you subscribe to those threads? Have you subscribe to the forum or did you have auto-subscribe enabled? If the later, please check if the setting has been correctly imported to the new forum - I gave my best though.

@3) unfortunately the email format is kinda hardcoded - but you should see the full message of most posts because the cropping limit is currently set to 1000 characters (unfortunately can't disable cropping completely and the "click to read full post" is always shown, regardless if cropped or not).

OK, that appears to be the issue. I was confused by seeing that I was subscribed to the thread, but it was set differently in my profile.

I wonder if gmail has a setting to not hide the redundant information in follow-up e-mails in a thread. I'll look for that.

Thanks.
Just wondering why certain members no longer have reputation available for them, ie. skilled coders, donators, skilled skinners, and some others?
Hi Harro, I was refactoring the old usergroup rights model - seems like I missed some things, or let's better say the rights are summed up not in the way I assumed Sad
(2012-03-18, 15:17)da-anda Wrote: Hi Harro, I was refactoring the old usergroup rights model - seems like I missed some things, or let's better say the rights are summed up not in the way I assumed Sad

Oh, Ok, I just thought I was in that Special rights group. My mom always said I was Special as I waited in line for the shortbus.
just checked the rights calculation - it's actually working as expected - so once granted it keeps granted. But, users also have a so called "display group" which in your case is the "donor" group - and if this group doens't have the flag set for "show reputation" it's not shown - so I need to change all groups again *sigh*
The logo in the default theme is still from MyBB:
I just noticed the "Forum Jump" has disappeared today. It was there yesterday, but when I refreshed the page it's gone. This is a really useful feature for me, and I hate visiting forums that don't have it. I jump between a few forums here, and it's annoying to have to go back to the root and then choose another forum.
@HansMayer - default is not ment to be used Wink

@KeithLM - well, we had some performance issues lately (probably because of the ATV3 post in the forum) and tried to lower the load by disabling some stuff - might come back again in a few days.
da-anda, that really needs to come back. Another useful feature of that is that if you are at the bottom of the thread, and want to return to the forum, you can just click on the button. Now you have to use the back button (takes you back, but doesn't refresh so new threads aren't shown), or scroll to the top and click on the forum link.
(2012-03-18, 21:50)KeithLM Wrote: [...] if you are at the bottom of the thread, and want to return to the forum, you can just click on the button. Now you have to use the back button (takes you back, but doesn't refresh so new threads aren't shown), or scroll to the top and click on the forum link.

Maybe repeating those "tabs" from the top of the page to the bottom of the page too would be enough? They should not increase server load with additional queries.

Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This thread is for forum update discussion0