Weather Icons
Question 
Hello,
I tried my best to put this topic in its right section so i hope someone will know this; I have made/designed some custom weather icons package and i want to use it instead of the default XBMC weather icons.

I noticed the icons are being cached in AppData/Roaming/XBMC/cache/weather in 128x128 and 64x64 folders so i have replaced whats inside with my package and it worked, But the original icons keeps coming back periodically; overwriting my custom icons.

I have been searching everywhere for the original icons path with no luck,
I'm guessing the icons are actually on the internet somewhere and there is a script that download it to the cache folder and overwrite whatever in the 128x128, 64x64 folders.

If that is the case where is that script located so i can edit it to read only my icons, if not what can i do to stop the original icons from coming back !

P.S: I'm using Eden-Beta

Thanks.
I wrote a program to program my program ! - programception.
And I hope you will share them when you're finshed Wink

To use custom icons your skins needs to support these. For example you can point at a location where the weather condition icons are stored.
Cashing in XBMC takes about 24 hours for them to refresh.

I have the original animated icon pack if you want.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn: Thanks for the reply, i have opened the default.py of the weather addons in /addons but nothing to lead to the icons.

I Thought about hard-coding it in the Includes_Weather.xml (Aeon Skin) but the image had:
Code:
<info>Window(weather).Property(Current.ConditionIcon)</info>
property, I could replace that with <texture> tags that leads to my icons only if i could process the condition to decide which icon to put Confused

Thanks again tho Smile
Xive Wrote:I have been searching everywhere for the original icons path with no luck

they're included in xbmc:
C:\Program Files\XBMC\media\weather.zip

you could replace the zip file with your own (keeping the folder structure intact).

of course, you would need to do this each time you install a new version of xbmc.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie: Ahhh there it is ! Big Grin
I have replicated the same zip with my icons, just need xbmc to refresh its cache now, hope it won't reset tomorrow Smile

Thanks!
If you set it to read only maybe that will keep them around?

Might give you an error when you update or it might just skip them.
errornumber419 Wrote:If you set it to read only maybe that will keep them around?

Might give you an error when you update or it might just skip them.

Nope i did what ronie said - replacing zip while keeping the folder structure intact - and it didn't change back Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Icons0